Tux Guitar

Open Discussion

Subject Sequencer Question

Josh

I am trying to use the source to spit out when a note starts (in milliseconds) and when it ends.
Is this possibly? I've been using the TGNote.getStart () methods within the makeNote function of Sequencer. At the moment I am only doing percussion, all that stuff about trill and stuff is not important to me at the moment.
Anyway, it appears to be way off, the first note in the song I am using appears about 1440 ms in (a second and a half) which is a pretty big break. Where exactly in the source should I be looking to do this feature?

Julian

Hi,
I can't exactly understand what you mean..

If you want now how the sequence is created, take a look to:
org.herac.tuxguitar.player.base.MidiSequenceParser

If you want now how the "sequencer" play that sequence, you can take a look to:

org.herac.tuxguitar.player.impl.sequencer.MidiSequencerImpl ( For "TuxGuitar Sequencer" )

org.herac.tuxguitar.player.impl.jsa.sequencer.MidiSequencerImpl ( For Java Sound Api sequencer, of TuxGuitar-jsa plugin )

Anonymous

How does the midi player know when (time) to play a note and how long to hold that note for?

Julian

Is the MidiSequencer interface who do that.
but it depends on the implementations.
i paste you the class names of available sequencers on my previous post.

Josh

Ok thank you.
This is an awesome program by the way. You have to browse through the source to really appreciate how sweet it is.

Pavel

Hi!

if I play my drum beat in a loop it sounds like playing it through a thin can, do you know what I mean? in other cases the playback is active but I don't hear anything for a moment...

do you know why this occurres and how to avoid it?

cheers!
bzw: great job! ;)