Tux Guitar

Help

Forums : Help
Subject Every instrument sounds like a piano

Suse User

Every instrument sounds like a variation of the piano. I am using as Sound blaster live 5.1 on Suse 10.2 , JRE 1.5, and I have installed the highest quality soundbank.gm. I get the same problem with Tux Guitar 7 and 8. I have tried In Tux Guitar 8 I tried to use the custom soundbank feature, but still everything sounds like a piano. Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks

Julian

Hi,
Sorry i don't have idea what can be the problem (maybe the soundcard)...
if you have installed timidity and sounds are allwrite.. you can install the tuxguitar-alsa plugin to get the timidity sounds...

Suse User

I can not find the instructions on how to install the tuxguitar-alsa plugin. Can you post them? I am sure it is simple, but I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks for your help.

Julian

Hi,

well you need uncompress the tuxguitar-alsa package
$tar xfz TuxGuitar-alsa-0.8.1-linux-gtk-x86.tar.gz

then you need copy all in:
TuxGuitar-alsa-0.8.1-linux-gtk-x86/TuxGuitar-0.8-linux-gtk-x86/lib
to
/Path-to-tuxguitar/TuxGuitar-0.8-linux-gtk-x86/lib

and
TuxGuitar-alsa-0.8.1-linux-gtk-x86/TuxGuitar-0.8-linux-gtk-x86/share/plugins
to
/Path-to-tuxguitar/TuxGuitar-0.8-linux-gtk-x86/share/plugins

and then run tuxguitar, if all is allwrite, you will see a new menu item called "plugins" where you can select your midi device..

Bye

Silver

I had the same problem, but it was with only 1 certain file. After I copy-pasted the track into new blank file, instruments were OK. Maybe it would help you also?

Silver

Um.. sorry, I read from an old thread describing similar problem and it seems that actually copy-pasting the track didn't help. Somehow I managed to solve the problem, but I can't remember what exactly did I do.. maybe the file was overwritten by some other program (e.g. GuitarPro)..

Christian Louboutin Wedding Shoes

Even the packaging around the Christian Louboutin Barbie Shoes Christian Louboutin Ankle Boots is exciting. Each pair of shoes comes in a tiny little box and includes a shoe bag for Cheap Louboutin Sneakers each Christian Louboutin Wedding Shoes pair. No self-respecting owner would want to hide these out of sight, so these nine pairs of Cheap Louboutins fabulous shoes come with a 13-inches tall x 10-inches wide x 3-inches long display box. Best of all, this entire collection can be purchased for less than $60! I wish I could find nine pairs of stunning Louboutin shoes for that price, for my big old human Cheap Louboutin Pumps feet! At that price, this collection is an ideal gift for the Barbie enthusiast's special occasion

Discount Louboutins