Tux Guitar

Help

Forums : Help
Subject Tab prints incorrectly

Anonymous

The tab looks right in the program, but when I print it, the numbers are way down underneath the staff lines, instead of on them. How can I fix this? I'm running it on Win XP

Julian

hi, i have some problems with tuxguitar printer.. because i don't have a printer to test.... maybe the problem can be the selected font.. try select other...
if not works.. for the moment you can export PDF.. and print the score with other app....

adam0509

Hey julian, maybe you can use "PDFcreator" to get a previsualisation of what is printed...

Julian

Hi,
the "preview" is not a problem.. because tuxguitar is who paint all the tab-score... there are some problems with javax print api on some PC..
but swt3.3 will implements printing system under linux (there is support for win and mac on current versions)..
so i'm waiting swt3.3 release, to replace the printer API.

Anonymous

Exporting as a pdf doesn't help. The pdf is also incorrect, with tab numbers printing (and showing on screen) way below the staff lines. I haven't changed the font either, just using whatever is the default. The program isn't very useful if I can't print any tab, is it?

Jon Moss

Just confirmed this trying to get tabs to print correctly from Kubuntu Jaunty 64 bit computer. I've also changed the tab and score line spacing in the config file per another post here, but still unreadable tabs. The PDF export looked exactly like the print preview and the physical printout - all of them useless; especially for someone who has poor vision.

A zoom feature both in the program and to print would be very helpful.