Tux Guitar

Help

Forums : Help
Subject How do you connect notes with a beam??

Proctor

This has been frustrating me for weeks....
I can't for the love of god figure out how to beam/stem/connect together notes!
If I'm going to be making songs, this is vital to it, so please someone help me out!
It's probably common sense though.
I've gone through all the menus and options and just can't find it.
=[

Agua

If I understand you correctly, you are looking for a way to make the same note last longer while other simultaneous but different notes of the same track are playing with shorter duration. Is it so? If so, in tablature editing mode, the longer note must first be entered with the same duration as the shortest simultaneous one, then, next position on the right for entering new notes, you re-enter the same note as the one supposed to last longer then hit the lowercase 'L' for tying it to previous same but shorter note. the newly repeated note figure on tablature will disappear once 'L' is hit but the beam sign over the 2 repeats will show up.

Hope this helps.

Proctor

I didn't really unterstand that.
But all that did was tie the notes together.
I don't want them tied I want them to be connected.
It's necessary to makes songs.
I don't really know what it's called.
I need to get two notes to be connected by a beam at the stick end of note.
I hope that makes sense...
>.<

Agua

Sorry, I thought you meant tied notes. I do not really catch the beam notion you're talking about then.

JonnyB

I believe that by the term "beam" you may simply be describing the flag that notes smaller than 1/4 have. If this is the case changing the duration of the note is what you are looking for and those notes with the same duration, in the same measure, and also, side by side will automatically tie together. Hope this helps at this late date!

anonymous

do you mean a slur?
a slur is like (on a woodwind) when you go from C to B in one exhalation, you do that using the slide feature for a guitar

vgff

I think what he wants is a way to beam more that two notes together. Tuxguitar seems to beam two eigth notes together, but I don't see a way to do it for three eigth notes or higher. So, for example, if you type four eigth notes in a 2/4 measure, you get o|-o| o|-o|, where o| is an eight note and - is the beam between the eigth notes. How can you make it o|-o|-o|-o|?

Kareem

I need an answer to this too