Tux Guitar

Help

Forums : Help
Subject How to compile and run tuxguitar in eclipse

bugasflyer

I'm looking for a tutorial on how to compile and run tuxguitar in eclipse. There is no search function found on this forum so that I have to post this question here. Thanks for any help.

Julian

just as a normal java project.. there are a lot of ways to do it..

you could just create a new java project in eclipse named tuxguitar ( or the name you want )
then.. right click to the project -> "Import" and select an option "filesystem" i think is the name .. and choose the folder where is TuxGuitar project.

then make sure that "src, share and dist" folders are in as "Source Folder" in eclipse..
add swt.jar to the classpath.. and run it..
the main class is "org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.TGMain"

bugasflyer

Thanks for your reply.I'll try it.

bugasflyer

I managed to compile it on both Mac and Windows. Here are a few questions I have:

1. I can't even open a .tg file come with the source code. I got the error message:

org.herac.tuxguitar.io.base.TGFileFormatException: file.open.error
at org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.actions.file.FileActionUtils.open(FileActionUtils.java:117)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.actions.file.OpenFileAction$2$1.run(OpenFileAction.java:88)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)
Caused by: org.herac.tuxguitar.io.base.TGFileFormatException: Unsupported file format
at org.herac.tuxguitar.io.base.TGSongLoader.load(TGSongLoader.java:49)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.actions.file.FileActionUtils.open(FileActionUtils.java:113)
... 2 more

2. There is no sound at all although I can select the sound card in settings.
3. The open gtp or import gtp file options are disabled.

By the way, I also add source folder for midi,CoreAudio and gtp in eclipse.

Julian

this is because you built tuxguitar, but you need to include plugins if you want them available.

> By the way, I also add source folder for midi,CoreAudio and gtp in eclipse.

add only the sources is not enougth.. the plugins are loaded
dynamically, so you must tell tuxguitar about them.
you need to add the plugin information file:
META-INF/services/org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.system.plugins.TGPlugin
( this is a text file.. inside it you must add all class names that implements the plugin )

you can build plugins manually ( with ant ) and put the jars into TuxGuitar/share/plugins
or just add the sources, with the META-INF/*

build.xml files of each plugin, have lines with the content of this META-INF folder..
e.g: for GTP it is: org.herac.tuxguitar.io.gtp.GTPPluginList

note that CoreAudio plugin is for macosx.. are you running on mac ??
and midi, is not for sound.. it's for export/import midi file format.

for sound, there are some plugins:
jsa ( java sound api )
alsa ( only for gnu/linux )
fluidsynth ( you need libfluidsynth.so|.dll in library path)

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply. I managed to load gtp file by following your instruction. But there is still no sound and I still can't export to midi although I include midi as a source folder.

Anonymous

The problem is very strange. Here is the source folder I added beside the TuxGuitar main folder:

gtp,jsa,winmm(or CoreAudio in mac). It works fine except there is no sound.

But if I add midi or fluidsynth as source folder. I can't even open gtp file.

Julian

the issue is at:
META-INF/services/org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.system.plugins.TGPlugin

if you add plugins as "source folder" you are using same "classloader" for all plugins.
and each classloader, can't find multiple resources ( META-INF/.... ) with same name..

so if you include all plugins as source folder, you must use only one META-INF/services/org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.system.plugins.TGPlugin file containing all plugin classnames.

so you could add this META-INF folder inside share/
and the content of the file must be a list of class names separated by line.
e.j:
###
org.herac.tuxguitar.io.gtp.GTPPluginList
org.herac.tuxguitar.anything.Plugin2
org.herac.tuxguitar.anything.Plugin3

so try first make this META-INF file..
then, if the sources are not at classpath tuxguitar will throw a ClassNoFound.. otherwise plugin will be loaded..

Julian

i said something wrong...

the issue is not that classloader can't find more than one resources with same name...
the real issue, is how eclipse works with sourcefolders..

as default, when eclipse builds, moves all sourcefolder resources to /bin folder..

e.j:
src/something/file.txt
src/something/file2.txt
src-anyplugin/something/file.txt
src-anyplugin/something/file3.txt

eclipse generates a bin/ folder such as:
bin/something/file.txt
bin/something/file2.txt
bin/something/file3.txt

then, starts java adding bin/ at classpath..
now you see that "something/file.txt" was added at "src" and "src-anyplugin" but bin/something/file.txt can't be duplicated.. so only one will be moved..
this is what happens if you add META-INF folders as sourcefolder.. eclipse just can't make more than one copy of this file in bin/ folder.

bagusflyer

Thanks for your patient and quick reply. I'm not familar with eclipse at all.But I'm very interested at tuxguitar and I want to learn from it. An IDE is a great help to browse and debug so I choose to use eclipse.

Does that mean I have no way to load more than one plugins I want in eclipse or I can manually change the contents of META-INF in bin folder?

Thanks again.

Julian

no, not exactly..
what i say is that to add all plugins something/META-INF/thefile... as "source folder",
you should create only one file, with all classnames as content ( instead of multiple files by each plugin )..

or, another option is use the dynamic load way...
just create folders inside share/plugin..

e.j:
share/plugins/gtp/META-INF/*
share/plugins/jsa/META-INF/*
share/plugins/midi/META-INF/*

so, each folder (or .jar file ) at share/plugins is dynamically added to classpath..
then tuxguitar will get the classnames info, and will try to load the plugins.

bagusflyer

Thanks,I'll try it.

bagusflyer

I added every plugins I want to /bin/META-INFO/services/org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.system.plugins.TGPlugin, such as:

org.herac.tuxguitar.io.ascii.ASCIIPluginExporter
org.herac.tuxguitar.player.impl.jsa.MidiPluginList
org.herac.tuxguitar.io.gtp.GTPPluginList
org.herac.tuxguitar.io.midi.MidiPluginList
org.herac.tuxguitar.io.musicxml.MusicXMLPluginExporter
org.herac.tuxguitar.io.ptb.PTInputStreamPlugin
org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.tools.custom.converter.TGConverterPlugin
org.herac.tuxguitar.io.tg.TGPluginListImpl

It works fine. Thank you for your help.

Bruno Impossinato Murozaki

I'm new in this stuff

Please, where can I get the project?

Tyvm

Anonymous

First, I Articulated my concerns monster turbine pro copper on the Metro. The most acutemonster beats solo problem, window management lobotomising touch screen devices, tablets, and other relatively small, there may be monster beats toura sense of time with larger screens and mouse and keyboard that doesn't make sense on a regular units. You need to get the job done and the Metro, ? can't. Of course, there is an old computer, but there are no monster justbeats old words suggesting future.

Anonymous

First, I Articulated my concernson beats by dr dre solo black the Metro. The most acute problem, window management lobotomising touch screen devices, tablets, and otherrelatively small,beats by dr dre solo hd white there may be a sense of time with larger screens and mouse and keyboard that doesn't make sense on a regular units. You need to get the job beats by dr dre studio red done and the Metro, ? can't. Of course,beats by dr dre studio high-definition there is an old computer, but there are no old words suggesting future.

cheap louboutins

A budget cheap louboutins are extremely flattering and typically chic look. If you want to attend some cheap louboutins sale purchase party, the most recent fashional louboutin pumps online could make you perfect in almost any occasion. You can be a stylish discount christian louboutin shoes person and attract other people attentions, as lengthy while you put on the louboutin shoes store.

lebron shoes 2012

Now, allow me to share the most popular lebron shoes 2012 along with you. You can't hesitate to savor yourself such stylish lebron 9 footwear. With unique design, this lebron 9 shoes footwear can certainly catch people attention. Possibly you've possessed many pairs of both stylish lebron shoes 9 and comfy footwear.But not one of them compares with kobe shoes 2012.

Anonymous

How many beats would you say you justbeats make in a week? I have on and off

weeks. beats by lady gaga Some weeks I’m making beats, some weeks I’m mixing.

But if [beats are] what I’m doing for that week I’ll usually do like two or three ideas in a night. So probably like fifteen or twenty if I’m really working but not all of

those would get finished that week. I don’t know how to explain it. I don’t just make a beat and finish it right there. Ever. Unless I’m working with an artist and I’m

making the beat for monster beats dr dre them right there. If it’s my own shit I’ll just kinda cook up a whole bunch of ideas, let them sit and then intermittently go back to one here and one

there and refine them.Yeah, beats by dre black vs white your stuff tends to be

pretty dynamic and layered. Yeah especially the soundbeds underneath the drums. They’re real manipulated and treated. I never take a sample and just leave it how it is.What

drives you to go that extra mile? For me it’s what I hear beats by dre tour white when I hear a sample or even when I play a little purple beats by dr dre headphones melody on the piano. If I’m sitting at the keyboard I’ll let the

tape run [while] I just sit and play a whole bunch of different shit. Then when I hear it, I’ll hear the whole beat, with the sample too [in my head]. I’ll know where I want

to take it. So it takes a while to get it from where I hear it in my head to where it is on the record. It takes a lot of manipulation. Headphones like Beats pride themselves on

their noise cancelling technology. Really, it's a simple way to add a small feature and $75 to the price. You really don't need any fancy battery-powered noise-cancelling device

with the ATH-M50s over your ears. People may be talking around you, or to you, but the only voice you'll hear is the iconic Robert Plant' (if you're into Led Zeppelin that is).

barbour girls jacket

The Barbour jackets is a top brand from UK. But now the high quality barbour quilted jacket was more popular in the worldwide . You can use the barbour jacket keep warm, windproof so on.Charming barbour coat make your life easy.Welcome to http://www.barbourjacketshop.com , there are many style of barbour ladies jacket, barbour mens jacket and barbour kids jacket you can choose.The charming style and better price barbour jacket must be can help you.

cheap jordan shoes

As shortly when you positioned on branded shoe, it enhances your character and helps cheap jordan shoes make you much more self-confident at just about every occasion. It also provides a fabulous impression greater than other people. Therefore, everyone very first prefers to purchase branded air max jordans shoes. However, the branded and superb fabulous shoes like Adidas sneakers, Adio Shoes, Circa Shoes, Nike sense of balance Sneakers, Converse All Star Shoes, Reebok Sneakers, tanglainn Jordan Shoes, retro jordans for sale and Timberland shoes etc. unquestionably have pretty gorgeous start looking and give extended lasting service. Since, the commencing expenditures of those branded shoes are pretty high, therefore,it utilized air jordan 11 for cheap to turn into only desire using the method income people, but many thanks to on the net sneakers shoes stores who have not merely decreased the expenditures by cheap jordan 13 for sale providing bumper discounts time-to-time but moreover made on the net buying pretty simple.

Vibram Five Fingers Australia

Discover the joy of walking barefoot with the unique Vibram Five Fingers Australia brand of Vibram Five Fingers footwear. With a strong grip and excellent protection these unique footwear are a revolutionary Cheap Vibram Five Fingers way to make your presence felt. Vibram Five Fingers is not about making a fashion statement. It is more Vibram Five Fingers Melbourne about the tanglainn feeling and sensation of comfort, utility and feel. Because of it's out of the ordinary design the Vibram Five Fingers For Sale initial reaction to these footwear are one of a surprise. This footwear is shaped like your foot and has Cheap Vibram Five Fingers Kso Trek well defined finger tips or toes. To be honest you have to see it to believe it.Wearing this footwear Five Fingers Bikila On Sale will help you to liberate yourself and walk in a more natural way. It helps you to get a Discount Five Fingers Bikila LS better balance and agility and as well as improve your posture.

Anonymous

Michael michael kors outlet Kors shoes can michael kors handbags be found in a lot of different mk outlet stores and in online stores.All you cheap michael kors watches need to do is look for them.They make a wide variety of shoes michael kors iphone wristlet such as the Michael Kors Newton shoe,Michael Kors raceway pump and the Michael Kors Devon pump.

The coach outlet coach bag is good quality on the coach outlet online store shop.You coach outlet online needn't to worry that coach factory store you buy the false coach bag.coach factory store online You can enjoy coach outlet store the good service after coach op art bags buying the coach sunglasses outlet bag.There are leather coach classic handbag coach bags, the cloth coach bag nylon coach jewelry outlet coach bag and so on.You coach totes bags can choose a coach bag with your coach sling bags requirement.Many coach bags are discount, so coach satchels bags you can save 70% off at the original price.Many beautiful and fashion coach bags are on sale.You can't coach crossbody bag miss such good opportunity to buy a coach bag.You can not only save money,but also choose a coach bag that is never out of fashion for your girlfriend.

Anonymous

In order to cost down ,the Coach Inc have moved most of their factory to china .So there are many
Coach Outlet Stores in the internet ,who get the coach items from factory in china directly ,but they are not real
Coach Outlet, they was not authourized by coach. You

can try to buy a Coach Wallet

from them ,maybe you will like it.

Discount Louboutins

Long before spiked heels with exotic names red bottom shoes became objects of desire, chicks have been cheap christian louboutin shoe-crazy. But recently, we got proof of exactly how crazy: While louboutins cheap sales of most things have plummeted thanks to the recession, Christian Louboutin Pumps have gone up compared to the same period last year. Trust science to have the Christian Louboutin Sandals: Turns out, we've always been wired for shoe lust, even when the going gets through http://www.cheaplouboutinredbottom.com/.

Anonymous

Deemed planning on any consistently louis vuitton outlet shifting moreover normally several criminal court, an excellent ecosystem-warm louis vuitton outlet online in addition to very helpful entire body could be very a highly louis vuitton sale effective internet marketing in addition to marketing and advertising system.hj.05-18

hajkdhsajkdhas

The net merchant pandora bracelets present features pertaining to
setting majority order placed on the stores.
Acquiring throughout majority presents charge rewards on the stores.
Since necklaces pandora beads can be common ample,
stores normally turn out offering the full majority quickly.
One of several pandora charms pandora
necklaces that can be found throughout majority involves low cost pandora
expensive jewelry, low pandora jewelry
cost pandora beads, and also other goods. While acquiring throughout majority,
one can possibly pandora necklaces
decide on one of several variety of selections available.