Tux Guitar

Help

Forums : Help
Subject Problem due to my own laziness

Justin

Ok, so I'm trying to write a solo for a trombone piece I'm going to be playing, so I figure I'll write out the whole song and then make the solo (I thought maybe I'd learn something in the process).

Well trombone is in the bass clef and I quickly realized that I couldn't go any lower than an E, because the guitar half of the piece couldn't go any lower then an open E string.

Is there any way without transposing my part to the treble clef or screwing around with the tunings that I could make this work?

Julian

You have to go to track properties, and change the tuning.
make sure transpose options are checked (so the tuning change will no afect your notes)

Justin

The transpose affected notes button is checked, but it still changes where the notes are on the bars, can I fix this?

Julian

What do you mean with "where the notes are on the bars"
you talk about tablature, or about the score ?

if you modify the tuning of a string, and you transpose them (keep same notes) the tablature display will change.

See this, as default the string 6, is a "E" note.
so if you have a "0" on the tablature at that string.
this "0" means "E".
now, if you change the string tuning to "D".. a "0" in tablature isn't a "E" anymore.. it's now a "D"

so if you check transpose option, the note tablature must display now "2" ( that is a "E" note as you had before transpose )

So in other words..
* if you want to keep tablature numbers, you have to "disable" transpose option.
* if you want to keep notes, you have to enable it (and tablature numbers will be changed )

Anonymous

I see what I was doing wrong now, thanks so much for your help. :)

Anonymous

What do you mean with "where the notes are on the bars"
you talk about tablaturNike air maxe, or about the score ?

if you modify the tuning of a string, and you transpose them (keep sa
Air Max LeBron 8 V2me notes) the tablature display will change.

See this, as d
Air Max ABASIefault the string 6, is a "E" note.
so if you have a "0" on the tablature at that string.
this "0" means "E".
now, if you change the string tuning to "D".. a "0" in tablature isn't a "E" anymore.. it's now a "D"

so if you cAir Max 2011heck transpose option, the note tablature must display now "2" ( that is a "E" note as you had before transpose )

So in other words..

Anonymous

get on the note tair max shoeshen beat on the top section or right click the beat. There are up or downstroke. then it opens a small window so that you can change the lenght of the stroke. get on the nonike outlette then beat on the top section or right click the beat. There are up or downstroke. then it opens a small windowNike shoes outlet so that you can change the lenght of the stroke. get on the note then beat on the top section or right click the beat. There are up or downstroke. then it opens adidas outleta small window so that you can change the lenght of the stroke.

Anonymous

The Louis Vuitton Outlet 2012 is ready ,the

fall&Winter items have arrived ,you can write the Louis

Vuitton Handbags On Sale
in the google website Search,then enjoy the shipping funny with low price but

beatiful Louis Vuitton items like Louis Vuitton Shoes.