Tux Guitar

Help

Forums : Help
Subject Midi sound

Jacob Collstrup

Is it possible to increase the midi quality in tuxguitar?

I've composed a lot of music in GP5. In GP5 I can hear the effects of my music, the mood, harmonies, timbre and texture. All that. Even though its shitty quality in GP5 and GP4 I can geta clear feeling of what the finished music will sound like. I can't get that feeling from the midi coming from tuxguitar. Is there anyway to deal with that?

Best regards,
Jacob

Anonymous

By the way I use OpenSUSE 11, I think it is.

I need to make tuxguitar work, with midi quality at the same level as GP4/GP5. The reason I'm switching is because I can't make GP4 or GP5 make more than 9 tracks, without track 9 and 9+ being the same instrument. I downloaded Timidity, but I don't know how to use it. I downloaded some soundfonts, that didn't help either.

Best regards,
Jacob

Julian

If you downloaded soundfonts, you can use them with the fluidsynth plugin..
do you have it installed/enabled ??
see at Tools -> Plugins, if it's there.
If yes, you can configure it there, and then select the created ports in Tools -> Settings...

if you don't have it, please let me know what package of tuxguitar did you download, so i can help you to enable it.

Anonymous

Hmmm...I could find the fluidsynth plugin. I configured it by adding my downloaded sound fonts. I then went to Tools --> settings --> Sound and choose the new synth that appeared. After that I had no sounds in TuxGuitar. The sound font I have is this one:
http://www.soundfonts.it/?a=soundfonts&c=18#18
The one called "wavetoy_4.sfpack" Is it because its a soundfont pack?

I forgot to mention, which might be the key to the problem:
I get an error message upon launching tuxguitar: "An error ocurred when trying to init the plugin." I didn't pay attention to it in the start because the program seemed to work.

I'm using Tuxguitar v. 1.2 on OpenSuse 11.1 64 bit on a laptop. Tell me if you need more info. Soundcard seems to be "Intel HDA ALC268". I'm not sure as I don't really know where to look for this kind of info.

Jacob

Jacob Collstrup

I think I did something wrong a while back.

Saturday I was fighting hard to make my laptop record from my V-amp2. I installed Pulse Audio I think. Spent a few hours getting the laptop to use the right input. Then I couldn't make Traverso accept the Line-In as input.

Today I tried using tuxguitar. I set it up like described above. No sound. I managed to get Traverso working though. It worked all of a sudden. Right input and everything. I recorded a small test. After that I turned on Banshee to listen to music. No sound. I could hear my guitar in Traverso, Traverso could successfully playback my recording. But NO other sound works. I can see the signal in Pulse Audio, when Banshee plays music.

Goddammit I don't understand this...while writing this the sound from Banshee came back !! I just turned it on to check which window in Pulse audio would tell me what song was playing. Still no sound in TuxGuitar though, unless I set it back to Gervill.

I'm sorry for all that pointless babbling. I'm very new to Linux and epsecially to OpenSUSE.

Jacob

Julian

This is often caused because pulseaudio locks alsa or oss applications access to write audio data.

Try to make sure that the MIDI Port you have selected in tuxguitar, is using PulseAudio as outpout audio driver.

Jacob Collstrup

I don't see PulseAudio in that list. Maybe I'm looking the wrong place?
This is where I look:
Tools --> Plugins --> Fluidsynth output plugin --> Configure

In that list I can select the following as audio driver:
ALSA
OSS
PortAudio
jack
file

Jacob

Julian

Jacob, FluidSynth have pulseaudio support since 1.0.9 version.

Maybe you have the old 1.0.8 version, that don't have pulse support.

Jacob Collstrup

I have version 1.2 according to the help menu...I think I'll do a reinstall of Tuxguitar...maybe that helps...

Jacob

Jacob Collstrup

Reinstalling didn't help.

I still have version 1.2, but I still can't choose Pulse Audio.

And I still get the error: "An error occured when trying to init the plugin."

Jacob

Julian

hmm no, i mean what fluidsynth version do you have ( not tuxguitar )

to make tuxguitar-fluidsynth plugin work, you must to have libfluidsynth installed on your OS.. and it have it's own version independant of tuxguitar.

>> "An error occured when trying to init the plugin."
Try run the application under a terminal, and paste here the full error log.

Jacob Collstrup

This is the output from the terminal:
jacob@linux-hfvh:~> tuxguitar
using MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/lib64/xulrunner-1.9.0.16 and MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/lib64/browser-plugins

configure java-environment ...
configuring TuxGuitar ...
starting TuxGuitar application ...
java virtual machine used: /usr/lib64/jvm/jre/bin/java
classpath used: /usr/share/java/TuxGuitar/tuxguitar.jar:/usr/share/java/TuxGuitar/lib/itext-1.4.5.jar:/usr/share/java/TuxGuitar/share/plugins/tuxguitar-converter.jar:/usr/share/java/TuxGuitar/share/plugins/tuxguitar-tray.jar:/usr/share/java/TuxGuitar/share/plugins/tuxguitar-jsa.jar:/usr/share/java/TuxGuitar/share/plugins/tuxguitar-musicxml.jar:/usr/share/java/TuxGuitar/share/plugins/tuxguitar-midi.jar:/usr/share/java/TuxGuitar/share/plugins/tuxguitar-tuner.jar:/usr/share/java/TuxGuitar/share/plugins/tuxguitar-gervill.jar:/usr/share/java/TuxGuitar/share/plugins/tuxguitar-browser-ftp.jar:/usr/share/java/TuxGuitar/share/plugins/tuxguitar-alsa.jar:/usr/share/java/TuxGuitar/share/plugins/tuxguitar-pdf.jar:/usr/share/java/TuxGuitar/share/plugins/tuxguitar-lilypond.jar:/usr/share/java/TuxGuitar/share/plugins/tuxguitar-gtp.jar:/usr/share/java/TuxGuitar/share/plugins/tuxguitar-jack.jar:/usr/share/java/TuxGuitar/share/plugins/tuxguitar-ascii.jar:/usr/share/java/TuxGuitar/share/plugins/tuxguitar-tef.jar:/usr/share/java/TuxGuitar/share/plugins/tuxguitar-ptb.jar:/usr/share/java/TuxGuitar/share/plugins/tuxguitar-community.jar:/usr/share/java/TuxGuitar/share/plugins/tuxguitar-compat.jar:/usr/share/java/TuxGuitar/share/plugins/tuxguitar-fluidsynth.jar:/usr/share/java/TuxGuitar/share/plugins/tuxguitar-oss.jar:/usr/share/java/gervill.jar:/usr/share/java/swt/swt-gtk-3.3.1.1.jar:/usr/share/TuxGuitar
main class used: org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.TGMain
flags used: -Xms128m -Xmx128m
options used: -Djava.library.path=/usr/lib64/xulrunner-1.9.0.16:/usr/lib64/swt:/usr/lib64:/usr/lib/swt:/usr/lib -Dtuxguitar.share.path=usr/share/TuxGuitar
arguments used:
/usr/share/themes/Synchronicity/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:46: Clearlooks configuration option "menuitemstyle" is not supported and will be ignored.
/usr/share/themes/Synchronicity/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:47: Clearlooks configuration option "listviewitemstyle" is not supported and will be ignored.
/usr/share/themes/Synchronicity/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:48: Clearlooks configuration option "progressbarstyle" is not supported and will be ignored.
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no tuxguitar-jack-jni in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1689)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1028)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.jack.JackClient.(Unknown Source)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.jack.JackPluginImpl.(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.util.TGServiceReader$IteratorImpl.next(Unknown Source)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.system.plugins.TGPluginManager.initPlugins(Unknown Source)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.system.plugins.TGPluginManager.(Unknown Source)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.TuxGuitar.getPluginManager(Unknown Source)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.TuxGuitar.displayGUI(Unknown Source)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.TGMain.main(Unknown Source)
org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.system.plugins.TGPluginException: An error ocurred when trying to init plugin
at org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.system.plugins.TGPluginManager.initPlugins(Unknown Source)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.system.plugins.TGPluginManager.(Unknown Source)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.TuxGuitar.getPluginManager(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.util.NoSuchElementException
at org.herac.tuxguitar.util.TGServiceReader$IteratorImpl.next(Unknown Source)
... 5 more
/dev/sequencer: No such file or directory
org.herac.tuxguitar.player.base.MidiPlayerException: Failed to open custom soundbank file.
at org.herac.tuxguitar.player.impl.jsa.midiport.MidiPortSynthesizer.loadSoundbank(Unknown Source)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.player.impl.jsa.midiport.MidiPortSynthesizer.getSynthesizer(Unknown Source)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.player.impl.jsa.midiport.MidiPortSynthesizer.open(Unknown Source)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.player.base.MidiPlayer.loadOutputPort(Unknown Source)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.player.base.MidiPlayer.openOutputPort(Unknown Source)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.player.base.MidiPlayer.openOutputPort(Unknown Source)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.TuxGuitar.restorePlayerConfig(Unknown Source)
Caused by: javax.sound.midi.InvalidMidiDataException: cannot get soundbank from stream
at javax.sound.midi.MidiSystem.getSoundbank(MidiSystem.java:565)
... 9 more

Hmmm....it turns out there was an update for libfluidsynth. I now have version 1.0.9.pm.6.15

Is that the version I need?

Jacob

Bob Marley

Hey I was having trouble with getting the playbacks to work. On my settings the only one that works is the Java Sound Synthesizer and It sounds horrible.

Thanks.

New Design Clothes

I'm looking for some Wholesale Shoes,finally I also find different Wholesale Clothes and Cheap handbags.They offer me so much Cheap Clothes with Wholesale Jeans,fit with suitable New Design handbags,It makes me feel so amazing.

cheap clothes online

Are you still confused about finding cheap designer clothing?They offer you a good opportunity to get the designer clothing wholesale .You will finally feel it is clothes wholesale in the clothes stores.Really value to view.

Anonymous

Coach Shoes are very pupular in

USA,but it is a little expensive,if you would like to buy the cheap coach shoes,you had better go to the
Coach Purses Outlet who sell the coach items with low

price ,you can also choose other coach items in the
Coach Outlet.

Beats By Dr.Dre

Beats By Dr.Dre profits to manage your non-public home for some years, to the application, you may correctly assume that the establishment of the important time only a tiny increase to meet my needs. Beats By Dr.Dre Pro Headphnoes ways and means to beat listed on this site may be regarded as a very good area, began to consider the production of a non-public home living Monster Beats Solo Headphones.

Discount Louboutins

Long before spiked heels with exotic names red bottom shoes became objects of desire, chicks have been cheap christian louboutin shoe-crazy. But recently, we got proof of exactly how crazy: While louboutins cheap sales of most things have plummeted thanks to the recession, Christian Louboutin Pumps have gone up compared to the same period last year. Trust science to have the Christian Louboutin Sandals: Turns out, we've always been wired for shoe lust, even when the going gets through http://www.cheaplouboutinredbottom.com/.

cheap oakley sunglasses

oakley sunglasses are not only famous all over the world, but also own various shapes and sizes to meet their customers' needs. Welcome to our onlineoakley sunglasses cheap sales shop, where you can always buy the most affordable price to a your favorite cheap oakley sunglasses. Ourcheap oakley sunglasses design is very fashion and cool but the price is very cheap.

jordan shoes

jordan shoes

Anonymous

We proudly offers Plus Size Dresses for our larger girls. prom dresses 2012 Full figures can look gorgeous in dresses by the top designers in the industry.short prom dresses 2012When big really can be beautiful, we are sure you will find the perfect Plus Size Dresses for prom or any other social occasion with our variety of designers from which to choose. plus size prom dresses Dress to impress your family, prom dresses under 100 friends, and colleagues with a Plus Size Dress from EDES for your very special event! Little black dresses are a popular go-to style for all generations. Black is a classic color in fashion that looks great on all body types. Little Black dresses are especially popular for Prom, Evening attire, plus size evening dresses Engagements and New Year's Eve dresses. Little Black Dresses are always in style and can be used for numerous occasions, you can never have too many little black dresses.

Cheap Air Jordans

The Nike Air Jordan shoe has Cheap Air Jordans absolutely had a arresting history. As the name suggests Air Jordan's accept Cheap Jordans Online activated the technology of air in it's sole to accord us a Jordans For Cheap added adequate and admiring beanbag to airing on. These shoes in fact real jordans for sale accept had added technology put into them than any added sports shoe jordan 11 for sale like it. It takes abounding humans to architecture and appear up with jordan 12 for sale the concepts of anniversary Jordan basketball shoe, and so to acquisition these jordan retro 7 for sale shoes for a tanglainna bargain amount may be a difficult task.