Tux Guitar

Help

Forums : Help
Subject plays but does not make sound

david

I have a track i am trying to learn but there is no sound there are notes though anyone know how to fix this.
Thanks in adavanced

Drew

I'm having the same problem in mandriva. I don't know how to configure midi in linux.

Julian

What MIDI Port do you have selected at Tools -> Settings, in sound section ???

Steve

I have the same problem. I just started using Linux and tuxguitar is new to me also. Similar to Guitar Pro 5, what I used to have on my old Windows. I can see the demo moving and bars of notes but no sound. Anyone know if it will play using just the jack (line output)???

dragon0

Here's a partial workaround: use a JACK server to route the sound to an external synth. You'll need jackd ( preferably with a gui, QJackCtl on OpenSuSE ), and a software synthesizer ( I use ZynAddSubFX ).

Open QJackCtl and click on Messages, Connect, and Start. Then open Zyn. Third, open Tuxguitar. In Tuxguitar, click Tools, Settings, and sound, and select MIDI-Through [14:0] under MIDI Port. Then, go to the Jack Connections window, select the ALSA tab, click on 14:Midi Through under Readable Clients / Output Ports and ZynAddSubFX under Writable Clients / Input Ports and click Connect. Then, click on the Audio tab and select ZynAddSubFX under Readable Clients / Output Ports and system under Writable Clients / Input Ports and click Connect.

You should now be able to hear Tuxguitar playback. Use ZynAddSubFX ( or whatever synth you are using ) to change the sound patch by clicking Instrument and Show Instrument Bank. I hope this helps.

berni

I just got it working in 5 steps and want to tell you folks how I did it (a friend of mine had the same probs and it took only some minutes to him with my workaround).
follow these instructions please and have fun:
step 1 and 2: install fluid-synth + the FluidSynth soundfonts and mscore (maybe with all plugins you might need) using synaptic.
step 3: configure mscore first (this seems not to have anything to do with tuxguitar, but you'll find out why I think it is crucial) in mscore you select edit and preferences and there you go to I/O where you select internal synthesizer (mark it) and from here on you know where the soundfont is at, because mscore has the fluidsynth soundfonts once installed preselected !!!
step 4: now open tuxguitar and go to tools and plugins, configure fluidsnyth output plugin and add /usr/share/sounds/sf2/FluidR3_GM.sf2 (which is what mscore showed).
step 5: now your almost done, go to tools, settings and select sound, under midi-port you'll find the mentioned soundfont, click it, finish with ok and the beast will play for the first time :-)
hope I could help - this works without jack!
by the way: kind of strange why the developers of this great program did not include fluidsynth as a dependency (just to make it easier for us newbies).
or else why is no soundfont in the package?
anyway, we're done and mscore is a great find apart, don't forget to play with it too :-)

Rjbatc

Guys, just download Musescore and keep it running while working with TuxGuitar, then you will hear the sound.

Apparently Musescore has a built in software synthesizer and TuxGuitar can use it.

// Ubuntu

Anonymous

Do you Know Gucci ? It is the symbol of high society and luxury life. All product printed GUCCI will be sold

with a very high price. I am love the gucci so much , and i used to buy it from
Gucci Purses On Sale store.

Discount Louboutins

Long before spiked heels with exotic names red bottom shoes became objects of desire, chicks have been cheap christian louboutin shoe-crazy. But recently, we got proof of exactly how crazy: While louboutins cheap sales of most things have plummeted thanks to the recession, Christian Louboutin Pumps have gone up compared to the same period last year. Trust science to have the Christian Louboutin Sandals: Turns out, we've always been wired for shoe lust, even when the going gets through http://www.cheaplouboutinredbottom.com/.

Christian Louboutin Wedding Shoes

Even the packaging around the Christian Louboutin Barbie Shoes Christian Louboutin Ankle Boots is exciting. Each pair of shoes comes in a tiny little box and includes a shoe bag for Cheap Louboutin Sneakers each Christian Louboutin Wedding Shoes pair. No self-respecting owner would want to hide these out of sight, so these nine pairs of Cheap Louboutins fabulous shoes come with a 13-inches tall x 10-inches wide x 3-inches long display box. Best of all, this entire collection can be purchased for less than $60! I wish I could find nine pairs of stunning Louboutin shoes for that price, for my big old human Cheap Louboutin Pumps feet! At that price, this collection is an ideal gift for the Barbie enthusiast's special occasion

Discount Louboutins