Tux Guitar

Help

Forums : Help
Subject Skip to Next Line (for exercises)

Andy

I want to tab out a list of simple exercises. Ideally, I'd like the format to be:

1 exercise (1-2 measures each) per line
no tempo markers
no clef marker

Can I do this? Please advise. Thanks!

Julian

No there is no way to do this currently now, since the application isn't "line based". it uses layouts, while we could add line break functions to the page layout, it will never work for the linear layout (that is an horizontal view ).
so we could make layout specific settings.. but it will affect to the application instead of a document.

freakyfingers

I just left a post in the suggestion category for this very capability. This is a much needed feature for Tux Guitar, especially for teachers and lesson creators. I am working on a method to be released by the top online guitar lesson sites. If you had this feature, as well as some of the others I suggested, we would use Tux Guitar as the new standard. Online lessons in tabs is one of the largest markets for this kind of product, but the standard is still PowerTab, which is now essentially defunct, unless someone takes it over. However, Tux Guitar is way ahead of PowerTab in many features and usability,it has a more active community, and it has the potential to become the new standard. I would love to switch everything over to Tux Guitar!

jeremy

I agree! I'm writing exercises too and this would be a great feature to have.

This would be perfect. In linear mode, breaks don't matter anyway. But in paged mode, you should be able to break to a new line.

Great suggestion!