Tux Guitar

Help

Forums : Help
Subject enharmonic

Koya

Is it possible to replace a note to another enharmonic?
For example,
In a tune in C major, Fm7 is often used as subdominant minor chord. Chord tones of it are F,As,C,Es.
If you write them as F,Gis,C,Dis ,it will be difficult for another person to read the score.

Thank you for the great software.
May All the musician be happy!

Julian

I'm not sure what is the real translation of enharmonic notes to my country.. really not sure what are you asking.
do you maybe want to transpose the notes of a song ?

Koya

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
English is not my native language.

I should have use "enharmonic tone" for "enharmonic"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enharmonic

For example, when I write a score of arpeggio for the tune "All Of Me(written by Gerald Marks and Seymour Simons in 1931)"

The lead sheet is like this.
http://www.saxuet.qc.ca/TheSaxyPage/Realbook%20C/All%20Of%20Me.jpg

In the 3rd bar, the chord tones for E7 are E,G#,B,D. If Tuxguitar write them as E,Aflat,B,D, I need to correct it.
In the 26th bar, the chord tones for Fm are F,Aflat,C. If Tuxguitar write them as F,G#,C, I need to correct it.

Like this, sometime we need double# note, sometime we need double flat note.

What I want to know is the way to correct notes when Tuxguitar chose wrong enharmonic tones.

Thank you .

Julian

i understand now..
there is no support yet to define sharp/flat notes, since the application is planned to be a tablature editor the score support is a very simple thing.
however, in the score the application will display flats if the key signature is flat based. otherwise it will display the note as a sharp note.

Koya

I understand.
Thank you for taking time to answer.

I appreciate your efforts to create such a fine software.