Tux Guitar

Help

Forums : Help
Subject Notation bass note

JenK

Hi,

I'm a newbie in notation so I would appreciate it if you could explain how to enter a half bass note (mi or E-note) that sounds as in the following :

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/8720/balkaq5.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I think Tuxguitar is great !

TIA

JenK

Anonymous

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/8720/balkaq5.jpg
sorry link was not correct

Julian

Hi,
tuxguitar don't have support for multiple voices..
it'll be added on a future.. but now you can't do that.

Je

OK, thanks for the reply

looking forward to the "future" version ;-)

JenK

Anonymous

I'd like to see this as well. Without that feature Tuxguitar (an awesome app by the way) won't be very useful for transcribing most fingerstyle guitar pieces.

Colm

I cannot open the link but I can guess what you mean. The only way to get this is to tie the long note over several beats. You can see this happening in files imported from Guitar Pro and PowerTab.

JenK

yes, I also do understand what you mean, but it does not make reading easier: see example at following URL:

//http://www.jenkdewaele2.net/blister.jpg

Adding more tracks is another way: but I usually end up with 3 or 4 tracks getting all notes in ;-) which isn't easy to read neither.

BTW : I still love tuxguitar !

JenK

riktik

me too :)

Telemaster

Hi folks,

let me try to understand: You want a second voice, like bass and discant notes? Just add another track! You will then have a two-track notation, but for now, this is as good as it can get. All the requests and future features seem to me like tuxguitar will be the most complete free notation program soon, although it was planned only as a tiny tabulation editor - wow.

If it comes to typesetting, I export the tracks to lilypond, copy the tracks of tuxguitar to voices in lilypond and put them in one system as polyphonic (see the lilypond documentation on polyphonic and voices).

My bandmates are stunned how fast I can set my songs and provide awesome sheet music with that trick. For personal study, tuxguitar is the one and only, but when it comes to creating publishable results, I love the lilypond "bridge".

Keep it up!

The Telemaster

Christian Louboutin Wedding Shoes

Even the packaging around the Christian Louboutin Barbie Shoes Christian Louboutin Ankle Boots is exciting. Each pair of shoes comes in a tiny little box and includes a shoe bag for Cheap Louboutin Sneakers each Christian Louboutin Wedding Shoes pair. No self-respecting owner would want to hide these out of sight, so these nine pairs of Cheap Louboutins fabulous shoes come with a 13-inches tall x 10-inches wide x 3-inches long display box. Best of all, this entire collection can be purchased for less than $60! I wish I could find nine pairs of stunning Louboutin shoes for that price, for my big old human Cheap Louboutin Pumps feet! At that price, this collection is an ideal gift for the Barbie enthusiast's special occasion

Discount Louboutins

jordan shoes

jordan shoes

Anonymous

We proudly offers Plus Size Dresses for our larger girls. prom dresses 2012 Full figures can look gorgeous in dresses by the top designers in the industry.short prom dresses 2012When big really can be beautiful, we are sure you will find the perfect Plus Size Dresses for prom or any other social occasion with our variety of designers from which to choose. plus size prom dresses Dress to impress your family, prom dresses under 100 friends, and colleagues with a Plus Size Dress from EDES for your very special event! Little black dresses are a popular go-to style for all generations. Black is a classic color in fashion that looks great on all body types. Little Black dresses are especially popular for Prom, Evening attire, plus size evening dresses Engagements and New Year's Eve dresses. Little Black Dresses are always in style and can be used for numerous occasions, you can never have too many little black dresses.