Tux Guitar

Help

Forums : Help
Subject Mandolin

danrkeva

Does Tuxguitar do mandolin Tab?
thanks

AndyS

By right clicking on a new tab you can edit the track properties and chose the number of strings and their tunings.
With four strings tuned to E-A-D-G (high to low) you can create mandolin tabs.

Anonymous

Thanks, I did not find a mandolin listed on the instruments list, maybe on the next upgrade they will have a mandolin on the sound tracks
Dan

FarrierPete

@danrkeva

If You are searching for mandolin-sound in a GM-Soundbank I can tell: THERE IS NO MANDOLIN, NO MANDOLA, MANDORA, SISTER...

But: The Sample #108 called "KOTO" (that's a japanese instrument) will sound similar and should do the job. Just add a little reverb from the mixer, and when you edit a track for mandolin, you should remember that the upper three double-strings of a real instrument are tuned in octaves - what a KOTO has not. So, it's a good idea to play each mandolin-solo with doubled voices (orginal-tuning + octave higher!). And, you should remember the "Tremolo Picking"-effect, when you try to imitate a fast plektrum strumming up/down.

Do you want a sounding example? Go to the community, and search, load and listen for "Ta paidia tou Peiraia" (TAGS: Dance, Sirtaki). In this tabulature I used the effects to immitate a mandolin-solo with a Koto-sample.

Greetings

FarrierPete

Anonymous

The Louis Vuitton Outlet 2012 is ready ,the

fall&Winter items have arrived ,you can write the Louis

Vuitton Handbags On Sale
in the google website Search,then enjoy the shipping funny with low price but

beatiful Louis Vuitton items like Louis Vuitton Shoes.