Tux Guitar

Help

Forums : Help
Subject TuxGuitar Windows 7

Raghav

Hi,

I am running TuxGuitar on my Windows 7 machine. Where can I find the config.properties file on a Win 7 machine? I tried looking in my c:/user/ folder but don't see and .tuxguitar-1.2 folder as suggested in some other posts? I would like to increase the note sizes.

Also, I feel the guitar fretboard is a little confusing (right-hand). How do I switch it so that it appears as though some one is sitting with it across me?

This is a brilliant piece of software.

This is a brilliant software.

gmonroy2@gmail.com

Its in the folder wherever you installed it. Mine was in the default (programsx86/TuxGuitar/config) - i have 64 bit btw.

Do you know how to change the font size / and tab spacing? i can barely see it on my monitor...

-G

Hey Nonny Mouse

Thats odd. I have windows 7 64 bit and my programsx86/TuxGuitar directory does not list a config file. Nor is it in any subdirectories. When I did a full search of the hard drive, the only (relevant) version of "config" on my entire computer was the old copy from my XP computer that I saved in a separate directory to copy from

Does anyone know where to find the config file on a windows 7 install? Or, if it is in the install directory, does anyone know why my install is lacking it? My tuxguitar program seems to be working flawlessly

Valentin

Hi,
In my Windows 7 TG's configuration files are located in
C:UsersAdminAppDataRoamingMicrosoftWindows.tuxguitar-1.2
Maybe it would be helpful for you (just replase the user's name in the path).

Font size can be changed through settings dialog. In TG window go to "Tools" -> "Settings". In the appeared window at the left click the large button with letter "A". Font settings will be shown.

Valentin

There is a mistake in my previous message. The path to settings is
c:/Users/Admin/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/.tuxguitar-1.2/

Hey Nonny Mouse

Thanks for the reply.

My setup in windows 7 64 bit does not have an Users/Admin subfolder. It has "Default" and "MyName". Neither of these, when I follow the subfolder chain to AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows contains a tuxguitar-1.2/ folder.

Which is odd, because I have Tuxguitar 1.2 installed, and it works fine, but I cannot find the installation

My tuxguitar files seem to be installed in C:Program Files (x86)/Tuxguitar-Jet but there does not seem to be a config file in there

Anyone know where the confog file might be? Should i uninstall tuxguitar and re install?

Valentin

Don't reinstall TuxGuitar! Try to search the following file (tuxguitar's config file) on your hard drives:

config.properties

To find it press Win+F and copy this filename to the search bar on the top of the window. then press Enter and wait for results.
Or, if you use Total Commander, then go to menu Commands-> Search. In the next window put the copied filename into field "Search for:" and near the list "Search in:" press "Drives" button, then choose "Local Harddisks". Then OK and "Start search".
The config file have to be somewhere :)