Tux Guitar

Help

Forums : Help
Subject NO AUDIO

Mike Tedeschi

Hello, I am new to the linux OS and so far am really enjoying it. I recently downloaded TUXGUITAR, but for some reason I can't seem to get any audio. I haven't tried to run it in terminal yet (mainly because I dont know how).This program seems very usefull, please someone help!
Also, I'm not sure if this is related, but amarok audio player dosnt work either!

Pete

So does your sound work at all in any program? If your sound doesn't ever work, your should probably post your questions first in a forum for your distribution.
If your sound only doesn't work in tuxguitar and amarok, try to use the most elementary sound output using the java-sound-api plugin first. Go to settings sound and make sure, java-sound-api is selected as output.
If that doesn't work, you can try to open a terminal (most major distributions have something like "terminal" or "konsole" under accessories or system in the menu) and enter tuxguitar to start tuxguitar. Then you can check for error messages in the terminal, while tuxguitar is running...
Post again, if your problem is still not solved and your other sound works without problems.

Anonymous

I fixed tuxguitar by downloading timidy and selecting that as the output. Amarock still dosnt work. What is the java-api plugin, i searched for it on the software center but nothing came up. Maybe that will solve my problem for amarok. Amarok is currently the only program that I'm having problems with.