Tux Guitar

Help

Forums : Help
Subject Having a sound output issue...

mpmccann

...Let me start by saying the sound works for everything else on my PC, I can even hear sound when clicking on stuff inside of the Tux-guitar program... The problem I have is when playing something, there is no audio heard... I have selected my audio card in setup (Tascam US-122 external USB sound card). I notice when I hit play the midi output light starts blinking on the Tascam Card when the notes are being played in the program. So it's getting signal to the output of the midi but, I don't use the midi outs. I don't use midi anything in my home studio, nor do I see a way to use the midi outs in my configuration... I am using the L/R outputs to my mixer and amp setup... Any help would be much appreciated...
Thanks in advance...
Matt...

mpmccann

I should also state that I am using Ubuntu 10.10 Studio as an OS. when I went back into settings the settings of my sound card do say something about it being MIDI. Is there any way to tell it to use the other output? Is this a MIDI only program?

mpmccann

I found a work around to my problem... Though it's not the one I was looking for, but felt inclined to share...
Okay, I have given up trying to make sound come out of the RCA L/R outputs of my USB sound card " btw where all other sound is routed ???" I decided to use the MIDI output of the card, where I suspected the signal was being routed due to the green light flashing... I plugged it into the only MIDI device I had in the studio (A Roland V drum kit) and wha-la sound from the Roland amp), so now I will route the sound from there to my Mixer and PA amp and all should be good... I still don't understand why the sound can't be coming out of the L/R outputs of my sound card...???
Matt...