Tux Guitar

Help

Forums : Help
Subject Increase Font and Staff Size in Windows 7

Hey Nonny Mouse

Hi

I have tuxguitar 1.2 jet version installed on a Windows 7 64 bit system.
It seems to be working fine, I can play downloaded tabs, etc.

However, like many here, I wish to make the appearance larger. That is, I want both the note numbers and the staff larger (meaning fewer bars total will fit on the screen)

This problem is solved for Windows XP users (as I once was) , as seen in this thread:
http://tuxguitar.herac.com.ar/forum/3/1229/size-of-fonts/

Essentially, one needs to enlarge the fonts in the system AND change these values:
tab.line-spacing=??
score.line-spacing=??

in the configuration file.

How do I accomplish the same task in Windows 7 64 bit? I have been unable to find a file comparable to the configuration file. My files were installed into C:Program Files (x86)Tuxguitar-Jet.

None of the directories in there contain a config file. The subdirectories are doc, lib, rt, and share

My Users Directory (where the equivalent of the config file was found in Windows XP) contains the subdirectories Default, (My Name), and Public. None of these contain a tuxguitar sub directory, when I click through the various AppData/Roaming subdirectories to look

Does anyone know:
a) where the config file is in a windows 7 installations?
b) should I do a non Jet installation?
c) is there a file that changes the configuarion for windows 7 that is not called config?

Any windows 7 users out there have any ideas?

P.S.-is there a way to have a download option for a tuxguitar pre-set with the tab and score line spacing already increased by 30-50%? I think quite a few people would prefer it.

Thanks,

Great Progam!

Hey Nonny Mouse

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Hey Nonny Mouse

It turns out:

a) my installation was a bit muddled and

b) once I did a non jet installation it was as easy to fix the sizing as it had been in XP

Here is the thread where some nice folks gave some tips. Hopefully it will be of use to others

http://tuxguitar.herac.com.ar/rd.php/message_boards/forum_posts.do?wlang=en&tid=1229&fid=3