Tux Guitar

Help

Forums : Help
Subject Pasting measures from one file into another file

Mark Martin

Using TuxGuitar 1.2 for Windows

I'm wokking on a series of lessons and created arrangement in 3 files (each file is a separate lesson). I'd now like to copy the 3 lessons into one file so I can have a complete arrangement.

I've opened a new file and one of the existing lesson files. I copied all of the measures in the existing lesson, but when I switch to the new file, there are no measures to paste.

Any suggestions?

Anonymous

It's currently a multi-step process. Hopefully it'll be improved in the future.

1. Open one of the existing lessons and select all the measures you want to copy. Then do File > New (or Ctrl+N) to open a new file. It will replace your existing one and you'll have an empty Tux project in front of you, and you should be able to paste the measures into it.

2. Save this file (I'll call it Lesson 4 for the sake of argument).

3. Now open the next of your existing lessons and select the measures you want to copy. Then do File > Open (or Ctrl+O) and select your just saved Lesson 4 and paste the measures into it.

4. Repeat 2 & 3 above until you've consolidated all your lessons into Lesson 4.

It's tedious, but as far as I know that's the only way to do it. In the future in might be easier to create the arrangement as one single file, but if you wanted to separate the arrangement into individual files you'd still have to go through the process above.

Mark Martin

Thanks for the reply. I played around with it and figured it out. As you said, a bit tedious, but it works.

Thanks again.

Mark