Tux Guitar

Help

Forums : Help
Subject 12 string guitar??

Dylan

Can you get a 12 string guitar on this program ??

Ignatz

Hi Dylan,

The most strings that you can have in a track is 7 (menu path /Track/Properties).

However, you can achieve a 12 string guitar sound by using 2 tracks and selecting the respective starting (open) note for each string over a range of octaves (also menu path /Track/Properties). Bear in mind that inputting the notes will be quite a lot of work. There isn't a 12-string guitar Instrument sound but it's probably best to first check if one of the Instrument sounds might be acceptable (also menu path /Track/Properties).

FarrierPete

Hi, Dylan,

"normal tuning" for a 12-string would be:

(E4-E3)-(A4-A3)-(D5-D4)-(G5-G4)-(B4-B4)-(E5-E5)

As You see, the strings are tuned and played as "pairs" (chorus) - in the same way as you would play a 6-string (but a 12 string needs more strength in the hand on the fretboard)

GeneralMidi has NO "12-stringed"... So, Ignatz is indeed right: If you want to imitate a 12-stringed, I would suggest to edit a track for a steel string guitar in normal "standard-tuning", clone that track and retune the guitar on the second track to E4 - A4 - D5 - G5 - B4 - E5 without changing anything else. Add a little reverb to both tracks on the mixer, and that should sound similar to a "12-stringed".

By the way: Normally a "12-stringed" has silvered steel strings, bronce-wound. Nylon-strings are NOT recomended or used as 12-stringed-equipment.

I've got a real "Framus" 12-stringed. 'twas my 2nd Guitar, and I love her very much. I prefer playin' her in open tuning (open G: D-G-D-G-B-D, or "HofbrÀuhaus-Stimmung", as it's german nickname would be). I think it would be interesting to imitate a 12-stringed-Bottleneck-Guitar. Maybe, I could try and test that with TG

Greetings

FarrierPete

discount louboutins

Don't be overwhelmed when shopping Christian Louboutin Pumps for women's high heel shoes, you don't have to be psychic to know which heels will be wearable. You must avoid the killer heels that rub in every direction and kill after 10 minutes. When some women buy these killer heels, they get turned off to all heels. There are different discount louboutins heels for different occasions. You can wear some dressier and daring heels with black slacks Christian Louboutin Slingbacks to work, under discount christian louboutin shoes flirty cheap christian louboutin skirts to a party, or even thrown under jeans for a trip to the mall. Always walk around the shoe store with both heels on before making Christian Louboutin Sneakers your decision. The heels that surprise you with their comfort are the heels that will last you in the office or on the dance floor. If you love them, get them