Tux Guitar

Help

Forums : Help
Subject How do I copy and paste a measure?

Gorehog

I just can't figure out how to copy and paste a measure. Any help out there?

Ignatz

Hi Gorehog,

All music notation applications are initially confusing until' you get used to them.

Copy a measure by pointing at (placing your cursor in) the measure you want to copy (or in the first measure of a range that you want to copy). Then activate the Measure drop down list and select "Copy Measure" (path /Measure/Copy Measure).

A dialogue will open up and you will be able to specify the measure (or range of measures) that you want to copy. (Sensible placing of your cursor enables the dialogue to, at least, partially complete). If you have a number of tracks then you will also have the additional option of selecting just the track you are in or all tracks (check/uncheck "All Tracks"). Then click "Ok" and you have copied the measure/s.

To paste point at (place your cursor in) the measure you want to copy to (if you are pasting a range of measure then this will be the start of the paste). Then activate the Measure drop down list and select "Paste Measure" (path /Measure/Paste Measure). If you want to insert the measure/s (rather than paste over) then select the "Paste in New Measure" option; this will insert the measures before the measure that your cursor is in. (You also have the option to paste a multiple of the copied measure by increasing the number on the "Paste Count" option. Then click "OK" and you have pasted the measures.

One possible point of initial confusion might arise when you paste at the end of the track. You need to paste into a measure, you can't past in the space after the track is ended. Get around this by adding a blank measure at the end of the track before pasting.

This is really a lot more difficult to explain than to do (as you will discover).

Kind regards,

Ignatz

DarekKay

One big problem I got with this copy-thing: you cant copy a part of a measure. Let's say, you want to write a riff like E0-A2 16x in one measure. You have to type all 32 notes, till you're finished. In GP you just type them once, select both notes, Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V 15 times, which is just a way faster.

I hope, I can start programming on TG soon - this would be one of the first features I would work on.

discount louboutins

Don't be overwhelmed when shopping Christian Louboutin Pumps for women's high heel shoes, you don't have to be psychic to know which heels will be wearable. You must avoid the killer heels that rub in every direction and kill after 10 minutes. When some women buy these killer heels, they get turned off to all heels. There are different discount louboutins heels for different occasions. You can wear some dressier and daring heels with black slacks Christian Louboutin Slingbacks to work, under discount christian louboutin shoes flirty cheap christian louboutin skirts to a party, or even thrown under jeans for a trip to the mall. Always walk around the shoe store with both heels on before making Christian Louboutin Sneakers your decision. The heels that surprise you with their comfort are the heels that will last you in the office or on the dance floor. If you love them, get them