Tux Guitar

Help

Forums : Help
Subject Tux Guitar with external MIDI triggers (JACK, etc)

xamox

Can someone point me in some direction on how to achieve this?

Basically I have a guitar part I tabbed out with drums. All I want to do is basically map the drum part to some form of MIDI program (rosegarden, hydrogen, I don't really care). And then use the pre-recorded drum sounds I have to play instead of the actually low-fi midi.

In short, I want real drum sounds to play when I play my track in tux guitar, how is this possible?

I should note that I'm quite familiar with linux, just not JACK, tuxguitar, etc. So compiling, etc, isn't a problem, I just want it to work.

Anonymous

You can configure tuxguitar-jack plugin at tools -> plugins.
jack plugin gives you options to open one unique port, multiple ports by channels or multiple ports by instruments.

so you can choose to open multiple ports by instruments, then go to the routing tab, select the drum kit (i think it´s the last row in the list) and edit it to generate a "Dedicated port".
Then go to Tools -> Settings and select Jack at MIDI Port. (first make sure Jack server is running)

Then with the jack control go to connections and take a look at MIDI tab. tuxguitar will open 2 ports.
1 - the default MIDI port for all non dedicated ports configured.
2 - the dedicated port you configured for DrumKits

so connect one GM synth to the first port (such as a fluidsynth instance, started with jack midi driver)
and connect the second port to hydrogen.

anyway, you can configure a nice soundfont in tuxguitar-fluidsynth plugin and it could sound very nice too and it´s "pre-recorded" sounds too.

Oakley Sunglasses Sale

Thanks for the great post.I am grateful Oakley Sunglasses Sale for the information given.thanks for your sharing!welcome to buy Discount Oakley Sunglasses from our store online.

Christian Louboutin Wedding Shoes

Even the packaging around the Christian Louboutin Barbie Shoes Christian Louboutin Ankle Boots is exciting. Each pair of shoes comes in a tiny little box and includes a shoe bag for Cheap Louboutin Sneakers each Christian Louboutin Wedding Shoes pair. No self-respecting owner would want to hide these out of sight, so these nine pairs of Cheap Louboutins fabulous shoes come with a 13-inches tall x 10-inches wide x 3-inches long display box. Best of all, this entire collection can be purchased for less than $60! I wish I could find nine pairs of stunning Louboutin shoes for that price, for my big old human Cheap Louboutin Pumps feet! At that price, this collection is an ideal gift for the Barbie enthusiast's special occasion

Discount Louboutins