Tux Guitar

Help

Forums : Help
Subject Adding a Note/Beat?

Matt

This is aggravating me! How do you add a note/beat to the current measure?

Colm

If you want to extend a measure by a beat, go to the measure in question, from the toolbar select 'composition' and then 'time signature' and add a new time signature to the measure.
You will have to change the time signature back in the succeeding measures to ensure only one bar has the extra beat.

Dan from San Diego

Seems as good a place as any to ask:
I think the answer misses the point of the question.

Let's say I've entered a dozen measures worth of notes.
Now I decide that the first note in the second measure ought to be a half-note, not a quarter note. I want everything else to just slide later in time, making the song a quarter-note longer.

Is there no way to do this other than deleting the last eleven measures, and re-entering them all? Like fixing a mis-spelling, or inserting a word, during text editing?
No way to move measure boundaries?

sean

i've also had troubles with this last night. Ended up in my having to delete 10 bars worth of information to fix the problem. Surely there is a way....

BMU

Seeing as these posts stem from 2007 unanswered, I guess there isn't a way?

Anonymous

After posting above I realized the 'move one beat left/right/custom beat move' commands under the beat move menu address my problem perfectly. They can be mapped them to shortcut keys too, this is great!