Tux Guitar

Help

Forums : Help
Subject Sound delay

Cragin

When I play a song, the sound isn't synchronized with the notes. The notes turn red about a half a second before the sound is heard.

This problem is not specific to TuxGuitar, but learning songs would be *much* easier if the sound and video were synchronized.

I'm using ALSA 1.0.14rc1 and Sun's JRE 1.6u1 on Fedora Core 6. It happens on both my sound cards (soundblaster mp3+ and integrated VIA), so I think it's a software problem. I've also noticed this problem while playing games in WINE.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Jarvis

I have the same problem.

Julian

Sorry, i'm not have idea what can it be...
but maybe you can try use another software synthesizer..

you can install "tuxguitar-alsa" plugin, and then you can select an available alsa port (like timidity) to play sounds.

666Nico666

Hello,

Hey julian you rox, you're my god :D
So many time i try to use it, and not possible due to the delay.
I use TuxGuitar with timidity abd it works very well.

Thank you very much.

Silver

Hi.

I've always had the same problem, but I've just ignored it. I'd like to resolve it though.

I'm using TuxGuitar on FreeBSD, so I guess I can't use the precompiled plugin through linux emulation in the native application, can I?

Anyway, I'd like to try compiling the plugin from source, but how shall I do it? I've extracted the TuxGuitar-alsa-0.9-src.tar.gz, but what next? :)

Where can I "select an available alsa port (like timidity) to play sounds"?

Julian

Hi Silver,

i don't know aboyt FreeBSD (i never see one)
so i don't have idea if tuxguitar-alsa is compat with that OS..
TuxGuitar-alsa is written in Java and C using JNI(Java Native Interface) so its not multplatform...

how do you know if it can be compat with FreeBSD ???
*TuxGuitar-alsa needs alsa libraries installed in your system.. is Alsa available for FreeBSD ?

>I've extracted the TuxGuitar-alsa-0.9-src.tar.gz,
>but what next

well, first edit "build.properties" and set the full paths of tuxguitar.jar and swt.jar :

swt.jar=/MyPath/TuxGuitar-0.9.1/lib/swt.jar
tuxguitar.jar=/MyPath/TuxGuitar-0.9.1/TuxGuitar.jar

then you can exec "ant".. to build the plugin.
first you need have installed:
"JDK, C compiler, Alsa headers and ant"

if it show you an error.. maybe the MakeFile is not correct for you OS, can it be?? as i say.. i don't know nothing about FreeBSD...
so you can take a look to "src/jni/Makefile" (make command is called by ant after build java sources)

*Howto install it
after builded, you need move:
TuxGuitar-alsa.jar -> /path/TuxGuitar-0.9.1/lib
libMidiReceiverJNI.so -> /path/TuxGuitar-0.9.1/lib
plugin_tuxguitar-alsa.properties -> /path/TuxGuitar-0.9.1/share/plugins

>Where can I "select an available alsa port (like timidity)
>to play sounds"?
if you have TuxGuitar-alsa installed, you will see a new Menu Item "plugins".. go to plugins -> TuxGuitar-alsa, and you can select a valid midi port.. or enable/disable plugin.

*that is for current version 0.9 - 0.9.1
don't try do this on CVS version.. it'll not works

Silver

Thanks for the information.

Unfortunately it seems I can't resolve it right now :(

I tried using the precompiled plugin on FreeBSD-compiled TuxGuitar, but it didn't succed - tuxguitar just failed to open the soundbank file.

I can't compile the alsa plugin from sources either, because there is no alsa for FreeBSD.

The only possible way would be to run TuxGuitar through linux emulation, but I didn't succeed in this point either - I guess it's a bad day for me todady :)

Cragin

I set up the alsa plugin with timidity. Now there is only a very small delay. Thanks.

Christian Louboutin Wedding Shoes

Even the packaging around the Christian Louboutin Barbie Shoes Christian Louboutin Ankle Boots is exciting. Each pair of shoes comes in a tiny little box and includes a shoe bag for Cheap Louboutin Sneakers each Christian Louboutin Wedding Shoes pair. No self-respecting owner would want to hide these out of sight, so these nine pairs of Cheap Louboutins fabulous shoes come with a 13-inches tall x 10-inches wide x 3-inches long display box. Best of all, this entire collection can be purchased for less than $60! I wish I could find nine pairs of stunning Louboutin shoes for that price, for my big old human Cheap Louboutin Pumps feet! At that price, this collection is an ideal gift for the Barbie enthusiast's special occasion

Discount Louboutins