Tux Guitar

Help

Forums : Help
Subject Default New Track Config

Aliby

How do I change the default settings and configuration for New Tracks? I am writing for violin and so would like to be able to change the default fret board to 4 strings as tuned for violin. Can anyone assist me?

Malcolm Braganza

Select the track you want,then click the track tab and select properties, like so-
http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/6350/help2y.jpg
then you can select the instrument you want and select the number of strings.
like so- http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/8090/help3a.jpg
Hope this helps! :)

Malcolm Braganza

not sure if you can set it as default though, you have to set it while adding new tracks

Aliby

Thanks Malcolm, I have installed TuxGuitar on my 9 year old daughter's PC and she uses it to transcribe violin score and finguring. TuxGuitar works really well for this.

At the moment I have set up a score with the correct strings (4) and violin tuning and sound in MIDI, and then saved it read only. She then uses this as a starting point to build her score sheets.

It would be great if she can just click "NEW", but until I can change the default song configuration this will not help.

Malcolm Braganza

Well you could then make a blank score with the track saved as a 4-string violin, save this on your desktop or any folder, probably make several copies, and then all she would have to do is open a new one and start working. just brainstorming here. :)

bexDK

I would also appreciate this functionality. Or at least the ability to save a new set of instrument defaults (for me to save a Bluegrass Banjo with 5 strings and the right tuning). It is a pain to have to enter this tuning and correct the number of strings every time.

Aliby: I haven't looked at the Violin settings, but does the default violin setup match what your daughter needs? It might be possible to teach her to select the correct instrument when making a new track.

Anonymous

First, I Articulated my concerns monster turbine pro copper on the Metro. The most acutemonster beats solo problem, window management lobotomising touch screen devices, tablets, and other relatively small, there may be monster beats toura sense of time with larger screens and mouse and keyboard that doesn't make sense on a regular units. You need to get the job done and the Metro, ? can't. Of course, there is an old computer, but there are no monster justbeats old words suggesting future.

Discount Louboutins

Long before spiked heels with exotic names red bottom shoes became objects of desire, chicks have been cheap christian louboutin shoe-crazy. But recently, we got proof of exactly how crazy: While louboutins cheap sales of most things have plummeted thanks to the recession, Christian Louboutin Pumps have gone up compared to the same period last year. Trust science to have the Christian Louboutin Sandals: Turns out, we've always been wired for shoe lust, even when the going gets through http://www.cheaplouboutinredbottom.com/.

Christian Louboutin Wedding Shoes

Even the packaging around the Christian Louboutin Barbie Shoes Christian Louboutin Ankle Boots is exciting. Each pair of shoes comes in a tiny little box and includes a shoe bag for Cheap Louboutin Sneakers each Christian Louboutin Wedding Shoes pair. No self-respecting owner would want to hide these out of sight, so these nine pairs of Cheap Louboutins fabulous shoes come with a 13-inches tall x 10-inches wide x 3-inches long display box. Best of all, this entire collection can be purchased for less than $60! I wish I could find nine pairs of stunning Louboutin shoes for that price, for my big old human Cheap Louboutin Pumps feet! At that price, this collection is an ideal gift for the Barbie enthusiast's special occasion

Discount Louboutins