Tux Guitar

Help

Forums : Help
Subject Running the exported midi on a real keyboard

leal

I was trying to make a score with much tracks to run after on my Roland keyboard, but I catch a problem:

"The music sounds play with 50% of the velocity or less"

-I leave the time config with Time: 145, Percent: 100% and the score is tottaly 4/4

-The keyboard measurement indicates the "145" time, but seems play with 1/2 of time

what's de problem for the "slow running" on the keyboard?

Julian

Hi,
if you import the midi on a keyboard and it show you the correct tempo, so the generated *.mid is not the problem.
i don't have idea about keyboards..
but maybe it have any tempo percent option ?

Anonymous

No, the keyboard haven't any options for tempo percent. I already made this process with others midi generators and never had this problem.

I'm waitig for more responses.

Thanks

Julian

Well..
you can open the exported midi file with any "midi player"
and listen if the file was right or not saved.

but as you say on top post: "The keyboard measurement indicates the "145" time"
So the problem don't seems to be the tempo..
it should be the "sequencer" who interpret the midi file.

leal

it's the problem...

with others programs this process (make a score, convert to midi and running on keyboard) works fine

maybe a bug of the TuxGuitar?

Ps: (the "others" programs that I said are Guitar Pro and Noteworth Composer)

Julian

> maybe a bug of the TuxGuitar?
it depends...
if you open the .mid on any player.. ( e.g Windows Media Player under win.. Timidity under GNU/Linux ) and it sounds bad.. yes.. it's a tuxguitar bug..
but if it sounds fine definitly not.. the problem is the keyboard don't have support for the specifict midi type (note there are different ways to write a midi file.. diferent division types and resolutions as MIDI Specification protocol says).

are you complety sure.. when you edit the song you had tuxguitar tempo percent on "100%" ???
what happends if you import the .mid with tuxguitar ?? does it sounds as you exported ?

leal

yes, the mid sounds fine normally on any player

so... maybe the problem is the "midi protocol"

yes, i'm sure that hte percent tempo is 100% (I'm checking this now)

and now I play a music on keyboard and save (in a floppy disk) with the .mid extension, after, I import this file on TuxGuitar and the music sounds normally, with the same time that I played on keyboard.

leal

... and I take the same file that I had import on Tuxguitar and export to Midi again....

the suprise is that the music was running with the 1/2 time, like the other score

(note that I don't made any changes on file, I onle exports to Midi)

Julian

i think the keyboard is statically setting resolution to "480" ( it should read if from MIDI file ) what is very used for a lot of apps.
tuxguitar set a 1000 resolution. so a static 480 VS 1000 is very near to 1/2 as you describe.

>the suprise is that the music was running with the 1/2 time, like the other score
yep.. when you open a file, the file is readed and converted to the app structure. then if you export it.. the exporter will be write from application structure to exporter format.. (it don't matters the first improted file )

Anonymous

can you download and test that 2 files and tell me what happends ?
http://www.tuxguitar.com.ar/test/test-480.mid
http://www.tuxguitar.com.ar/test/test-1000.mid

as the file names says.. that was exported on different resolutions.
if that is really the problem.. it can be easylly fixed on CVS version

leal

guy, I do the tests with your 2 files:

The 1000 resolution works, but runs eith the 1/2 velocity

but my keyboard don't recognize the 480 resolution: appears on its display: DISK ERROR. this version don't work.

there are another(s) resolution(s) normally used to conversions to midi format?

Ps: (if you send more midis for tests, please use few tracks and compass as/if possible because de polphony)

Leal

hey I found a program that converts th GP3 format to MIDI (MIDI Converter), it isn't good, but i did tests with the possible conversions and I catch the same results:

I convert to MIDI-0, MIDI-1, RMIDI-0 e RMIDI-1,

the MIDI-0 was bad because it mixes the tones on an only track
the MIDI-1, don't mix the tones, but, (as the MIDI-0), the velocity is the 1/2 (MIDI-1 works equally "test-1000"). (as I catch early)

and the RMIDI-0 and 1 don't works, equally the "test-480".

Again I think that maybe a bug of TuxGuitar, or not yet?

Julian

mmm.. i was complety sure i was reply you the last post...
however..

>there are another(s) resolution(s) normally used to conversions to midi format?
well i now only that.. but if the 480 didn't work.. so the problem is not the resolution. ( guitar pro exports in 480 and if it work in your keyboard it isn't the problem )

can you post here your keyboard details ??

Leal

Which details?

I don't understand which details you want, but, the model is a Roland EM-25

now I cannot find the manual, but if possible, after I'll find it and I have more details

If you say which detalis you want I can find on Internet (or when I find the keyboard's manual)

Julian

> Which details?
"Roland EM-25" is what i want :p

i wanted that to search info about it on the web.
thanks

Leal

I'll waiting for news"

and I am, who, have to thank for all you are doing!

again..

thanks!

Leal

Julian you cannot find the informations that you want about my keyboard?
by the way, maybe I can find it and write here?

What sort of informations you search?
I can help you to find it?

Julian

Hi..
yes.. what i need is see a .midi file generated by the keyboard..
do you have any way to post me a download link ??
if not.. you can send me by mail..
i don't want post my mail here because spammers.. so you can make a contact from this web and i'll reply you.

Leal

Now I cannot to record a music, but, when possible (maybe tomorrow), I'll send a link of a rapidshare or other to you, for download ok?

Leal

Sorry for the "delay"(?) , but here is the music played and recorded on my keyboard:

http://rapidshare.com/files/69524909/TEST_R25.MID.html

Julian

Ok... i'll make tests with it..
thanks.

discount louboutins

Don't be overwhelmed when shopping Christian Louboutin Pumps for women's high heel shoes, you don't have to be psychic to know which heels will be wearable. You must avoid the killer heels that rub in every direction and kill after 10 minutes. When some women buy these killer heels, they get turned off to all heels. There are different discount louboutins heels for different occasions. You can wear some dressier and daring heels with black slacks Christian Louboutin Slingbacks to work, under discount christian louboutin shoes flirty cheap christian louboutin skirts to a party, or even thrown under jeans for a trip to the mall. Always walk around the shoe store with both heels on before making Christian Louboutin Sneakers your decision. The heels that surprise you with their comfort are the heels that will last you in the office or on the dance floor. If you love them, get them