Tux Guitar

Help

Forums : Help
Subject Tuxguitar on ppc/ps3 ?

doppler

Hi there,

By advance i apologize if this is such a noob question, but... Is it possible to install Tuxguitar on PS3 PPC ?
Would the mac build be usefull ?

Thanx by advance :)

Auria

I don't think the mac build would be useful ;) You would need to check if Java runs there. If it does then you need to check for SWT. If SWT does, then just try building it (I don't really know that platform, maybe you were looking for something more precise? :P )

doppler

Hi :)

JRE 1.5 is working fine and Eclipse 3.1 is installed (got libs as libswt-gtk liswt-atk-gtk and so on) so i guess that i just have to try building it as you say but... argh... how ?

I got TG cvs but i can't find where i'm supposed to do ./configure.

All i found in the doc repertory of the cvs folder about install is:
"INSTALL:
Extract TuxGuitar-*.tar.gz in your favorite location
$tar xfz TuxGuitar-*.tar.gz
$mv TuxGuitar-* /home/*/install_dir

RUN:
Run TuxGuitar script.
$/home/*/install_dir/TuxGuitar-*/TuxGuitar"

That's exactly what i did but there's no TuxGuitar file in the TuxGuitar-0.9.1-src folder...

Some help would be soooo welcome :)

Julian

TuxGuitar use "ant" to build the sources. so not ./configure
you should type "ant" ( something like make )

And the script file is generated after build.

you should configure build.properties before run ant, and set the correct paths.

However, there are build scripts for linux, win and macos.. but what os are you using ?

doppler

Thanks Julian !

I've just read the f***in manual ^^ it doesn't work, certainly because i don't have JDK, i'll install it and try again.

I'm using Yellow Dog, a kind of fork of Fedora made for PPC architectures and adapted for Playstation 3.
The main trouble is that it's not a x86 cpu, so i can't use classical rpm of TuxGuitar.

Julian

Well, so you can set the default GNU/Linux settings on build.properties. you will need only set correct paths to SWT, SWT Native libraries and IText.

> The main trouble is that it's not a x86 cpu,
TuxGuitar was writen in java, so it's multiplatform.
the only what you need are the dependencies.
SWT is a java project but it use JNI ( Java Native Interfaces ) what is not multiplatform.

So you can test download the
"Linux-x86 Binary Files" from download page, extract it, and replace:
TuxGuitar-[version]/lib/swt.jar and TuxGuitar-[version]/lib/libswt*.so
By your SWT files.

I think that should work.

silencer3

TuxGuitar builds and works on PS3. I'm running it with ALSA plugin and timidity++ running so there is MIDI playback. I've built it from source from CVS and had only minor problems while building plugins (had to modify 2 or 3 lines of each of build scripts).

My Specs:
HW: Playstation 3 (obviously)
JAVA: IBM JDK 6

Jonny

It would be nice if you write something about installation procedure for PS3 on TuxGuitar Wiki.

silencer3

I've sent mail through Contact page asking about putting online binaries for PS3 I have built (1.0-RC1). Now I'm in the middle of writing of installation instructions. Building from source is nearly same as it is on x86 machines (at least when you have IBM JDK installed (installation of JDK will be covered in installation instructions)).

silencer3

Julian has uploaded PPC binaries that I have sent to him. I have also updated some pages in Documentation. Let me know what works and what not and what parts of documentation should I extend (about either building or running TuxGuitar on PPC).
Remember to read about installation of ALSA plugin in Documentation if you want MIDI playback support.

doppler

Hi !

I had to find a guitar before thinking again to install TG XD
I'm so happy to read that it's possible to do so on PS3, my sweet Seagull can't wait more !
I try to follow your helps and i'll tell you the result with YDL.

Thanx !

discount louboutins

Don't be overwhelmed when shopping Christian Louboutin Pumps for women's high heel shoes, you don't have to be psychic to know which heels will be wearable. You must avoid the killer heels that rub in every direction and kill after 10 minutes. When some women buy these killer heels, they get turned off to all heels. There are different discount louboutins heels for different occasions. You can wear some dressier and daring heels with black slacks Christian Louboutin Slingbacks to work, under discount christian louboutin shoes flirty cheap christian louboutin skirts to a party, or even thrown under jeans for a trip to the mall. Always walk around the shoe store with both heels on before making Christian Louboutin Sneakers your decision. The heels that surprise you with their comfort are the heels that will last you in the office or on the dance floor. If you love them, get them