Tux Guitar

Help

Forums : Help
Subject Rasgueado, Golpe, Apagado, Arrows

seven

Hi,

I wonder if there is a way how I can insert arrows at the left side of a note. And are there any symbols for rasgueado, Golbe and Apagado?

Thank you!

(Great program!)

Here to help

I've never seen symbols for rasgueado or apagado, and I've never heard of golbe, but I know for a fact Tux doesn't support them. You could however add those names and any other obscure flamenco jargon you can thing of as commentary under the track. To do that click 'track', and then 'lyrics'.

Anonymous

Is there a way to add commentaries over the measures? (As opposed to below, as a lyric)

CPB

Hit "T" on your keyboard and enter the text. It'll appear above the measure your cursor is positioned at.

Valentin

Maybe, symbols of Upstroke and Downstroke can be useful for rasgueado. Go in menu: Beat -> Downstroke or Upstroke. For golpe insert G as a text above the score, as described in the previous post (but, of course, it does not influence on sound. To obtain sound of golpe add new track with instrument "Woodblock" and put some notes in the needed places).

Parrotman

I am a flamenco player and a new discoverer of this great program, TuxGuitar. Unfortunately I can see no way of representing rasgueado, arpeggio or the up and down strokes of the compas in the cifra. My work around for this is to export the tab to a PDF graphic file and then use a graphics editor (Paintshop Pro) to overwrite the PDF with the symbols I want.