Tux Guitar

Help

Forums : Help
Subject No sound in fedora 8

MarkW

help i just stumbled across this great program i am running fedora 8 on x86 64 i downloaded that file and extracted it onto the desktop i then put the tuxguitar file into a sudo terminal it starts up and everything but when i try and play a guitarpro tab no sound it plays and everything i went into settings then sound and i have only one selection available and that called "midi through port-0 [14:0]" any ideas on what to do???? and everytime i want to use it i have to move that file into the terminal?? how do i get it into the applications drop down menu. im using gnome

Julian

Hi, "midi through port-0 [14:0]" never play sounds as default.
You need to install a software synthesizer (and then select it on tuxguitar).
Try instally timidity.
then exec on a terminal: timidity -iA -Os
and it should open some alsa midi ports. ( 128:0, 128:1, etc )

See here for more info:
http://www.tuxguitar.com.ar/tgwiki/doku.php?id=doc:tuxguitar_alsa

MarkW

ok Well i tryed yum install timidity nothing found

MarkW

ok i found the file i just did configure make then make install after that i put what u told me into the terminal but this is what comes up. /usr/local/share/timidity/timidity.cfg: No such file or directory
Interface `A' is not compiled in.
Couldn't open output device

Julian

mmmm, ok..
i really want help you with that, but really i don't know much about "yum", or how to build timidity from sources on fedora..
but as i remember, when i was fedora user ( some years ago ), timidity was available on rpm package.

Maybe the package is named "timidity++"

This is the first google result of "timidity fedora":
http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=timidity%2B%2B

> /usr/local/share/timidity/timidity.cfg No such file or directory
I think the timidity sources don't include any soundfont/patch, so you'll need to manually download and configure them.

Christian Louboutin Wedding Shoes

Even the packaging around the Christian Louboutin Barbie Shoes Christian Louboutin Ankle Boots is exciting. Each pair of shoes comes in a tiny little box and includes a shoe bag for Cheap Louboutin Sneakers each Christian Louboutin Wedding Shoes pair. No self-respecting owner would want to hide these out of sight, so these nine pairs of Cheap Louboutins fabulous shoes come with a 13-inches tall x 10-inches wide x 3-inches long display box. Best of all, this entire collection can be purchased for less than $60! I wish I could find nine pairs of stunning Louboutin shoes for that price, for my big old human Cheap Louboutin Pumps feet! At that price, this collection is an ideal gift for the Barbie enthusiast's special occasion

Discount Louboutins