Tux Guitar

Help

Forums : Help
Subject i got a doozy... what about inserting notes...

bean q

and i don't mean just putting them on there but inserting them into an already written segment. how does one, for example, shift all of the notes to the left and insert the missing note? to the right it's easier because you can just delete a rest note, but is there a way to insert a rest note?

bean q

now it's starting to piss me off that i have to go figure out six ways from sunday how to play around with deleting the rests in just the right way to get the timing i want. this thing NEEDS an insert function. or i just need to learn the program better because i'm wasting serious amounts of time on precise timing! i suck!

john q

if anyone's ever used wintabit you'd know what this guy's talking about... it's so much more useful to just write in what you want with no regard for how many notes you can fit into a bar, and then time it perfectly later on.

Chris

I was looking for the same function. I know all you pro's out there probably think this is stupid. But for the rest of us who just want to quickly tab a song it would be oh so useful to just be able to insert a note or change the length of one, and have the subsequent notes shift to the right accordingly.

NotJulian

You can go into the menu and select 'Beat' and then 'Shift right' or 'Shift left' and if you go to 'Custom beat move' then you get even more control.

Hope that helps