Tux Guitar

Help

Forums : Help
Subject How to copy a track into another file

colbert

I have some guitar pro files, both are the same song but one is slightly more correct but missing the percussion track, which the incorrect one has. How can I copy the percussion track into the correct guitar pro file? Thx :)

LTSmash

Have you tried to have both files opened in separated windows, the copy manually all the compases of the percussion track and paste it in the other one?

You can do it by trying:

Compass > Copy Compass

colbert

I don't have any Compass menu in my tuxguitar??

Julian

Colbert, i think LTSmash have tuxguitar in Spanish (or any other language where is "Compas" menu )
Compas in english means "Measure". so if you have tuxguitar in english the action shoud be "Measure -> Copy Measure"

However tuxguitar don't support copy/paste from different documents yet. so you can only copy/paste measures from same document.

colbert

Ah that's unfortunate. Are there any plans to allow this in the future ??

Julian

Well yes are for future. but we need to think it better.

Copy tracks from 1 song to another it's not so easy.
there are some points that can make conflict and we need to thing what todo in these cases. (maybe some kind of wizard allowing user to choice possible solutions).

I'll list some of these conflicts examples.

* Your new track can contains measures with different timesignatures than current song. (e.g: 4/4 VS 6/8)
after track copied, all measures must have "same" time signature as others from tracks on same positions.

* Your new Track may use a MIDI Channel already used on your song. on MIDI, you can have only 1 instrument for each channel.
this means if your track uses channel 1 with piano instrument,
and your song already had this channel with instrument guitar. both tracks will have same instrument (last setted.. on this case guitar).

* Your new track may have repeats, but your song not.

The list is large... it's not impossible todo
but yes we need to think a lot of possibilities solutions before do this.