Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject For the suggestion box

Just say know

After three crashes in two days (windows xp), with loss of nearly all my work, it occurred to me to suggest the programmers add a timed automatic "save draft" option.

I'd also appreciate not having to jack with the soundbank. (I downloaded the Java "deluxe" package and put in the audio folder as instructed but never could get it to work.)

I know, I know ... it's me and my flaky computer, not your program. Still ...

NagMacFeegle

you have to install the tuxguitar-jsa plugin and select the "Java Sound Synthesizer".
Works for me, and uses soundbank-deluxe, when installed properly.

Just say KNOW

Thanks for the response. The Java plugin is enabled (default setting) and Java Sound Synthesizer is selected. The deluxe sound package is located in Java/jre6/lib/audio folder.

Still no joy. Track properties shows just the five guitar sounds. No other choices.

Julian

We can make a plugin that automatically saves a temporal song (don't like to write on the original one if user don't decide it) every X minutes. i like the idea..

What is exactly your problem with the sound ??
can't you listen anything ??? or you just can't listen the new soundbank sounds ?

just say Know

Thank you for the response, and for considering implementation of my idea. Frankly, I am loathe to use Tux until the "save draft" plug-in is ready.

I can hear sound and have the five default guitar sounds to select from in the Track Properties box. Those work fine.

But, as stated in my first post, I can't figure out how to make the Java "deluxe" soundbank appear in the Track Properties box. As stated above, the file "soundbank-deluxe.gm" is located in the correct folder (Java/jre6/lib/audio). Tux can't seem to find that....

Julian

Ok, now i understand the point. it's not how it works.

Currently now, there is no support for multiple banks, you can only load 1 bank on global settings.
so you don't need to go to track -> properties to select it. there you just need to selecet an instrument.

To select a different sound port on tuxguitar, you need to go to "Tools -> Settings", at sound tab. then select one on "MIDI Port"

The soundbank "deluxe" is a "Java Sound Synthesizer" thing.
to make it run, you need to have this port selected.
if you have a different midi port selected, so the java soundbank will not be loaded.

But note that it will change the sounds, not the instrument names. so on track properties you will see allways same instrument names. just click play to listen the changes.