Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject Print size

BP

I've had a ton of trouble with printing music off of TuxGuitar. The main problem is that it's tiny, I can hardly read the music, I've tried changing the font of the notes and that helped a bit but the problem still remains where I have to strain heavily to read the notes.

Everything else works fantastic!

Thanks in advance for the help

Cheers,
-BP

Agua

I had the same problem, along with the right part of the text and measures cut off... But if you export as a PDF, the print looking is much better, size is OK and the cut off problem does not exist anymore. I got only a problem of PDF export which was giving a "missing .class" error message. But that is solved by downloading the most recent version of iText into the TuxGuitar lib directory.

Hope this helps.

Canopus

I've just downloaded the recent version of itext (2.1.7) but nwo I always get an error message (com/lowagie/text/element) when I try to export my tablutares into pdf-format...

jkorp

OK, This is what I've figured out.

Besides exporting to PDF you need to change the font of the print out. I changed my "Note Font" to a font called Square721 BT at a size of 6 with a Font Style of Roman Bold. This prints out incredibly well.

I tried other fonts, and at larger sizes the notes mush together and cut each other off, at smaller sizes they either get too faint or to pixely.

Hope this helps.