Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject Changing language

Jose

Hi you all, when I try to change the language I just can see 'Default System Language'.
My sysem is in Spanish and Tux on english; I've checked /usr/share/tux/lang and saw there many language files but they don't appear on the menu, how can I solve it?
Thanks and best regards

Julian

For any reason, it's not reading the folder contents..

try run tuxguitar on a terminal:
tuxguitar -i

and paste me the output log please.

what package do you have installed ? (i mean, it's one official package, or anyone for your distribution repository )

MGrd

The script "tuxguitar" contains an error while setting a path, i.e. the -Dtuxguitar.share.path parameter.

wrong:
set_options "-Djava.library.path="$MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME:/usr/lib64/swt:/usr/lib64:/usr/lib/swt:/usr/lib" -Dtuxguitar.share.path=/usr/share/TuxGuitar"

corrected:
set_options "-Djava.library.path="$MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME:/usr/lib64/swt:/usr/lib64:/usr/lib/swt:/usr/lib" -Dtuxguitar.share.path=/usr/share/TuxGuitar"

MGrd

Sorry, a typo!

Wrong in the script:
-Dtuxguitar.share.path=usr/share/TuxGuitar

Corrected:
-Dtuxguitar.share.path=/usr/share/TuxGuitar

Please note the missing leading "/"

Julian

MGrd,

Yes this path is wrong, i assume you got tuxguitar from your distribution's repository (we don't provide that script). could you please report the problem to this package mantainers ??

MGrd

Hello Julian

Sure, I'll try it.
What's the way tuxguitar is started "natively"?

Julian

>> What's the way tuxguitar is started "natively"?
I'm not sure if understand the question..

do you talk about the startup script (as i told you we don't provide the other ) ????

if yes...
tuxguitar is a java application..
to run it you just need to exec a "java" command.

We provide scripts that exec this command.. but..
each package have a different script ..

Why ?? because not all distributions have same dependencies on same paths. or because packages are planned to work different..

for example, if you get the package that we named "GNU/Linux-x86 Binary Files"
This package was planned to run without install it..
i mean
uncompress the .tar.gz, and make to click to "tuxguitar"
because it runs with "relative paths". so you can move the folder to every place.
but, relative paths have limitations..
you can't asociate MIME Types (.tg files) with tuxguitar command if you don't know where is it.. of you can't see the application on the menu.. etc...

Then there are other packages that are distribution specific..
so the run script, knows where tuxguitar is installed, and set full paths.. the script also knows where java is. and to these packages, as you have static paths you can set menu entries, mime types, etc...

so, to be clear, we don't provide a script because we have one script for each package.. ( also under other OS, scripts are different )

But basically the script must exec Java command, and set all parameters that tuxguitar needs.