Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject build on mandriva

ycollet

Hello,

I have successfully build tuxguita-1.1 from sources on mandriva-2009.1
I noticed some problems:
- first, a wiki entry this the dependencies should be added. For example, on mandriva, we need swt, itext (for pdf export), java jdk (of course), ant, fluid devel, etc ...
- the make install PREFIX=/local/stow/tuxguitar doesn't work because to work, tuxguitar must be installed in /usr (it's in the tuxguitar shell script)
- the file opened when tuxguitar is opened is not found. Here is the java error printed in the bash console:

tuxguitar-src-1.1]# tuxguitar
org.herac.tuxguitar.io.base.TGFileFormatException: Erreur dOuverture : {0}
at org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.actions.file.FileActionUtils.open(Unknown Source)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.TuxGuitar$2$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: org.herac.tuxguitar.io.base.TGFileFormatException: Unsupported file format
at org.herac.tuxguitar.io.base.TGSongLoader.load(Unknown Source)
... 3 more

YC

ycollet

I also need to change the section #mandriva in the shell script. Here is the change I made:

# mandriva
t="/usr/lib/jvm/java-sun/"
[ -d "$t" ] && d="$t"

YC

ycollet

each time I try to open /usr/share/tuxguitar/tuxguitar.tg, a popup shows up "error opening : {0}"

YC

ycollet

OK, the problem of the opening of tuxguitar.tg is due to the fact that all the plugins are not installed by the make install (including tuxguitar-converter).
So, I copy these file by hand and ... it worked.

Now, there was an other problem: once started, it was impossible to add a note on the score using the mouse.
After some tries, I removed the .tuxguitar directory and everything went fine.

YC

Julian

Hi,

>> first, a wiki entry this the dependencies should be added. For example, on mandriva, we need swt, itext (for pdf export), java jdk (of course), ant, fluid devel, etc ...

Did you see the documentation ??
http://www.tuxguitar.com.ar/tgwiki/doku.php?id=doc:build

"fluid devel" is not a dependency ( you need it only if you want to build tuxguitar-fluidsynth plugin )

>> the make install PREFIX=/local/stow/tuxguitar doesn't work because to work, tuxguitar must be installed in /usr (it's in the tuxguitar shell script)

If you follow the documentation, you don't need to use "make".
this make file, is the used for the debian mantainer to make the official debian package,
but as you see, it have "hardcoded" paths (as debian needs)

don't use it..
just follow the wiki documentation, and you'll get the build that you need.

>> Now, there was an other problem: once started, it was impossible to add a note on the score using the mouse.
After some tries, I removed the .tuxguitar directory and everything went fine.

It may be because you had selected "Selection mode". (when you remove .tuxguitar* , you restored defaults ), see on Edit menu for "Score edition mode"..

ycollet

Damn wiki documentation !!!

Thanks a lot.

YC