Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject Editing tracks on laptop

Winry

Hello,

I use Tux Guitar with my laptop, and I do not have the numeric pad.

How can I edit the guitar score ? When I use to do numbers, it does not work. For now I edit the score track with my mouse but this is not as fast as keybord editing.

Thanks in advance,

Winry

Anonymous

press the FN key or some of the like, and the letters J K L U I O will become a numeric pad, (they are also grey or white beloew the letters

KoenV

I remember posting an identical problem a while ago (I don't know how long ago, maybe last year). Apparently they thought I was joking. But this is definitely the proof that I wasn't, not back then, and still not, right now. I have version 1.0 installed now (as an RPM on Mandriva 2009) and I still cannot use the numbers of my laptop's keyboard, not even with when I use the FN key as suggested above.
FYI: I'm using an AZERTY keyboard with Belgian layout. On my desktop PC (with full keyboard), this works perfectly fine. Don't tell me to switch to the desktop PC then, because I cannot use it on the train (where I want to write my music).

Grolud

Hi,
I have the same problem. I use Tuxguitar on my laptop top, I don't have numeric pad and I can't editing numbers on the tab. The FN key solution doesn't work. I'm so pissed off, Tuxguitar looks great !
Still no solution ?
Thanks

Julian

It seems that key codes are not standard anymore ?
maybe the best solution could be to make a keys configuration tool.

KoenV: nobody thought you was joking, we just don't have answers for all the problems.

laurent

You can change keyboard with alt key (left on keyboard)and shift.
You have now an US keyboard.
If you press alt key and shift you will retrieve your original keyboard.