Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject Tuxguitar will sometimes refuse to use POD

Eric Remy

I have a Windows XP desktop and a LINE6 POD XT processor for my guitar hooked up through USB. I have set the POD as my default soundcard in Windows, and other programs use the POD to play sounds without problems.

However, occasionally Tuxguitar decides to use the internal sound card on the machine and simply will not change that. Other programs continue to use the POD for sound. Switching inside the audio control panel sometimes simply loses sound entirely for Tuxguitar, although again all other programs play sound normally. This continues until a reboot.

Any ideas? It's kind of annoying to have to reboot after getting everything up and running

Thanks

Julian

Well tuxguitar don't uses a soundcard. it uses a MIDI Synthesizer ( this what you see as MIDI Port in settings )

You have to configure your MIDI Synthesizer to write audio data to a different hardware, but i don't have idea how to configure it under windows.

Anonymous

Got it- for some reason TuxGuitar likes to forget the appropriate settings. The correct Midi Port setting in TG is "Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth", but it seems to randomly change itself to "Microsoft Midi Mapper", which then gets directed to the motherboard's sound card rather than the POD.

Any idea why this might happen?

Julian

Does that MIDI Ports change the order ???

What the application saves there, is the index of the device in the list. so if the order changes, it will change the configured device..
this sucks but unfortunatly winmm API don't have some ID for each device.. just a name that may change if you change the language of your System.