Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject Muted tracks and MIDI export

Erix

Hi there,

When exporting a song using MIDI format all the tracks are exported whether they are muted or not.

Seems to me it is a bug, only non-muted tracks should be exported.

Julian

I'm not sure, i'd like more your idea of the other post saying "Select what instruments to export".
a Solo/Mute track is just a mixing option for edition time.
Make a track Solo don't means remove others, as make a track muted don't means remove it.
I think if we apply this feature, other users may report a different bug: "Hey, i exported a midi file, but not all tracks was exported"

I think that if you want to drop a track, so you have to remove it.

Erix

I think there are frequent cases where you only want to export some tracks, not all of them.
But maybe I'm the only one to think like that...

BTW: is there a way to vote for future features?

Anyway, I agree with you, the solution I have described in the Export post is more general and makes more sense.

Julian

No, it's not by votation.. we read features, and think about them.

Les

I concur. If you don't want a track or want one track of a certain kind, you have to delete them and then save as another file less the tracks you don't want. Geeze that's a no-brainer..
Now what I want to know is how to disable a track or mute it in Tuxguitar while I play it and I am composing?
And can you import a single track into A current program that you are working on?