Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject tuxguitar-fluidsynth-jni.dll error

Matt

I had to reinstall TuxGuitar to try to resolve an issue with the file dialog box. Now, when I open TuxGuitar, I get an error:

tuxguitar-fluidsynth-jni.dll: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem

I have tried the Jet version and the installer. Both had the same problem. I downloaded the Windows 1.2 zip file without the installer. I still get the error, and I see the following exception in the command window:

C:Documents and SettingsmattDesktoptuxguitar-=1.2-windows-x86tuxguitar-1.2-windows-x86>cd "."

C:Documents and SettingsmattDesktoptuxguitar-1.2-windows-x86tuxguitar-1.2-windows-x86>java -cp ;tuxguitar.jar;libswt.jar;libitext.jar;share -Djava.libra
ry.path=lib org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.TGMain 0
org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.system.plugins.TGPluginException: C:Documents and SettingsmattDesktoptuxguitar-1.2-windows-x86tuxguitar-1.2-windows-x86libtuxguit
ar-fluidsynth-jni.dll: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem
at org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.system.plugins.base.TGMidiOutputPortProviderPlugin.addPlugin(Unknown Source)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.system.plugins.base.TGMidiOutputPortProviderPlugin.setEnabled(Unknown Source)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.system.plugins.TGPluginManager.openPlugins(Unknown Source)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.TuxGuitar.displayGUI(Unknown Source)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.TGMain.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.herac.tuxguitar.player.base.MidiPlayerException: C:Documents and SettingsmattDesktoptuxguitar-1.2-windows-x86tuxguitar-1.2-windows-x86libtuxguitar-fluidsynth-jni.dll: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem
at org.herac.tuxguitar.player.impl.midiport.fluidsynth.MidiOutputPortProviderImpl.listPorts(Unknown Source)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.player.base.MidiPlayer.addOutputPortProvider(Unknown Source)
... 5 more
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:Documents and SettingsmattDesktoptuxguitar-1.2-windows-x86tuxguitar-1.2-windows-x86libtuxguitar-fluidsynth-jni.dll: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.player.impl.midiport.fluidsynth.MidiSynth.(Unknown Source)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.player.impl.midiport.fluidsynth.MidiOutputPortProviderImpl.getSynth(Unknown Source)
... 7 more
org.herac.tuxguitar.player.base.MidiPlayerException: Could not initialize class
org.herac.tuxguitar.player.impl.midiport.fluidsynth.MidiSynth
at org.herac.tuxguitar.player.impl.midiport.fluidsynth.MidiOutputPortProviderImpl.listPorts(Unknown Source)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.player.base.MidiPlayer.listOutputPorts(Unknown Source)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.player.base.MidiPlayer.openOutputPort(Unknown Source)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.TuxGuitar.restorePlayerConfig
(Unknown Source)

at org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.TuxGuitar.displayGUI(Unknown Source)
at org.herac.tuxguitar.gui.TGMain.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.herac.tuxguitar.player.impl.midiport.fluidsynth.MidiSynth
at org.herac.tuxguitar.player.impl.midiport.fluidsynth.MidiOutputPortProviderImpl.getSynth(Unknown Source)
... 6 more

Any ideas on what is wrong?

Sincerely,

Matt

Matt

I found the problem. The Fluidsynth plugin is enabled by default and I don't have Fluidsynth installed. Disabling the plugin took care of the error.