Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject Fontproblems in TABs

J.J.

Hi there!
First of all: Many, many thanks for this brilliant piece software!!!
Now to my problem: I find it quite hard to read the TABs, the fonts used there are way too small! I'm aged 40+, okay :-), but my kids can't read them either. Trying to change the font or fontsize ends in messed TABs: The numbers interfere with each other, so one cannot read them at all.
This is quite annoying: Now I got this brilliant software, I got loads of tabs - but still cannot use them for my guitar.
I'm sorry to have to say this, but: The software is not useable this way! All one can do is editing tabs and notes (which is great in fact), let them be played by tuxguitar (what makes it even greater) - but there is no useable output :-(((
(taking of editing notes: I miss the fermata)

Keep up that great work, all my best wishes for 2010!
JJ

Mantula

I've had the same problem, and started to experiment with the fonts on my Mac. Different fonts behave differently, so it seems. My best results on screen so far have proved to be Courier Bold 12, Lucida Grande Bold 10, and Myriad Pro 12.

The boldface makes up for readability, while the size often compensates for the font's specific vertical alignment.

I've yet to start printing, and YMMV.