Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject can't use the numbering to change the note

paul

in the six-line tablature, a box is appeared. i try to change the number in the box by typing my desire number but cannot. i am using vista on windows. in fact, i can change the number in ubuntu(linux system) in my another computer. can anybody solve this?

Julian

Is it a notebook ?

paul

no. my computer is a desktop with standard large size keyboard. that means a number pad on the right hand side.

Julian

is "Num Lock" light on ?? what about with the other numbers, at the top/left ??

are other keys working ?? try to use the Left/Right/Up/Down keys.. do you see the cursor moving ???

Anonymous

oh. i found i could change the number by first, hit a note on the staff using the mouse and second, pressing both shift+left and shift+right. thanks remind me. however, this is not fast enough. my num lock is on but can't change the number. yes the box can move now.

Julian

What about the other numbers ?? did you tried them ?

paul

on one of my computers, the number can't change. i can't enter the number. i tried 0123456789 number. same happen in guitar pro on my vista. but i think both program should be able to change or enter the number on six-line staff.

Anonymous

For me, I am only able to use the numbers of the numerical keyboard (on the right of the keybord). The "classical" numbers are unusable to enter a note (the number on the top of the keyboard).
It's the same problem on my desktop and on my laptop (both under linux).

MICHEL

I got the same issue using V1.2 on a Laptop (DELL E6400, Windows XP), it was ok with V1.1, too bad.

Julian

We didn't make changes in shortcuts section since v1.1, also using a diff viewer there are no modifications between both versions.
So could it be SWT ( we used a newer version of it at v1.2 )??
or something was changed in your OS (maybe any update) ?

Question... what country is your keyboard ??? and, what language is it configured in your OS ?

However, i think to solve this problem i'm going to add some kind of "calibrate" feature, where users could setup these key codes by pressing them.

paul

I buy a new motherboard and the problem gone away. Now I can use the keyboard to insert the number to the six line tab.