Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject Score doesn't reflect harmonics effect

Graham

Hi all,

If I create a note on the fretboard, say on the third fret of the D string on a bass guitar, it shows up on the score as an F, which is correct. However, if I make this same note a natural harmonic, which should be an A, it still shows as a F on the score (although the note head is now a diamond). This doesn't seem like the correct behavior since the score is wrong, but maybe I'm misunderstanding something? I'd appreciate any help.

thanks,
Graham

Danjo

Yeah, if you change to a harmonic it just leaves the original note, but makes it a diamond. This is somewhat understandable considering the fact that you can do a 2 octave pinch harmonic off the 12 fret, which would have a rediculous amount of ledger lines if they actually changed it on the score.

Graham

I guess, but I'm just talking about natural harmonics which I believe are only one octave up. For me, this behavior significantly reduces the usefulness of TuxGuitar for notation purposes.

Devs - please consider either changing this behavior or at least adding an option to have harmonics accurately reflected in the score!