Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject Dropbox and .tg files.

Stig Johan

Hello. I play in a band with another guy and we have decided to share tablatures between us with Dropbox. However, Tuxguitar is unable to open the files he has put in our shared folder. He uses an Imac. The files I have put in the same folder open without any problem, and I use Ubuntu.

Is this problem due to incompability between Tuxguitar for OS X and Linux, or an issue with Dropbox?

Julian

I don't know what dropbox is..
from tuxguitar i can tell you that there are not file format incompatibilities between different operating systems.
but "different versions".. so que question is, what tuxguitar version was used to "Save" the file, and what tuxguitar version are you using to "Open" it.

tuxguitar 1.2 knows how to open files of 1.1, 1.0, 0.9, etc...
tuxguitar 1.1 don't have idea about 1.2 file format, just because when tuxguitar 1.1 was released, 1.2 version didn't exists.

so if it's your case, to make it works the person who have the 1.2 version must export the files in 1.1 format ( menu "File -> Export -> Export TuxGuitar 1.1" )

Sord

I have the same problem using TG 1.2 and trying to open files by Windows users from Dropbox..