Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject Problems with alternate endings in TG 1.2

Clive Jevons

Hi all,

Just started using TG, and fairly impressed so far :) One thing I can't get to work correctly at the moment, though, are alternate endings for the following scenario:

I've got a riff which has two alternative endings. The whole thing is repeated four times (so twice with ending 1, twice with ending 2). To make things more interesting, both endings have different time sigs and also have tied notes leading into the measure.

So I've got:
the beginning of the riff is always the same, lets call it A and is three measures of 4/4
the first ending is in 5/8; lets call it B, the first eighth of the measure is a tied three-note chord from the end of the third measure of A
the second ending is in 3/4; lets call it C. The first eighth of the measure is the same tied chord from the third measure of A.

So all in all it should play:

A B A C A B A C

First problem: the tied notes, despite showing as 8ths in the score, sound for the entire measure.

Second problem: I can't get the repeats to work correctly. The best I've managed so far is:
A B A C A B A C A
... I can't get it to *not* play that last repetition of A :(

Any help with either of these two issues would be very much appreciated :)

Cheers,
C

Julian

Well it's not possible at all to make an alternative ending like this, since the last one must don't have a repeat.
To make this work you have to copy the latest C ending.. so it finish at "A B A C A B A" and then it continues in the duplicated "C" section.

Here you may need the direction symbols.. but they are not implemented yet in tuxguitar.

Clive Jevons

Gotcha - thanks for the hint :) I'll give that a go straight away!!

Not meaning to seem pushy, but do you have any thoughts on the first problem I described with the tied notes sounding the entire measure despite showing with the correct length in the score (as eights in this case)?

Thanks again for you help :)

Cheers,
C

Julian

Well no, it's a bug.. there is no much to say.. :)

Clive Jevons

hehe - fair do's :)

I haven't checked extensively, so please forgive me if this question sounds overtly n00bish - do you have a bug tracking DB set up somewhere where I could submit this?

Cheers,
C

Julian

No, just this "Problems" forum :)..

This happens, because to calculate the note duration, the application check if next note is tied.. So when measure ends, it check for notes of next measure.. the problem is that the "next" measure could be a different one when you have repeats,
but application don't checks it ( It's a known issue that was not implemented yet. )