Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject Midi not working...similar to other problems

J-moges

I have read some of the other "midi not working" posts but none of them are working for me. I have changed my midi port to the Java one but it sounds terrible. I was using the Microsoft Midi Mapper. I never touched the settings before then when I exported my song to midi all of my TuxGuitar songs lost their sound. I changed the Midi port and it worked but sounded terrible so I changed it back and then didn't get sound again. Aside from a reinstall, does anyone have any other suggestions as to how to get this working again?

Julian

I'm not exactly sure what you mean with "when i exported my song to midi... "
What did you exactly do after export the file ?? i ask because, the exporter just write a file, but it don't open/close or use any MIDI Device at export time.
Did you open the *.mid file with any external MIDI player ?? and then.. Microsoft Midi Mapper stopped work ?

J-moges

Yes, I went, File>Export>Export Midi then played the midi file through Windows Media Player, so I guess that is the way this messed up? Then I tried to play the song through TuxGuitar again and the midi wasn't working.

Julian

But now, if you want to play the midi file in windows media player, does the sound work ???

what about in windows volume control.. isn't the midi synthesizer muted ?

J-moges

Yes, it still works in Windows Media PLayer but not in TuxGuitar

J-moges

FIXED

Checked control panel

Thanks Julian

Julian

So it seems that windows media player, mutes the midi synthesizer after play the file ?

J-moges

Yes, I have had other programs and devices that I have used mute my microphone or different audio devices. I'll have to start checking control panel first from now on...