Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject Two-part writing, key signature

J.

Note - I'm more of a piano person and really nitpick with music theory, which is why the latter subject bothers me.

1) I saved the .gp4 file I was working with to be in two parts (hybrid picking song, "The House that Built Me" by Miranda Lambert to be specific), but when I opened it up again, it changed back to one-part writing and the note durations were wrong. I'm using TuxGuitar for Mac 10.6+.
2) Even with the Windows XP computer I was using, after I finished working with any song with an unnatural key signature and reopened the file, the key signature disappeared. Just wondering.

Julian

Both questions have same answer.. the problem is the file format you are saving the file.
GP4 file format, don't have 2 voice support. so to export a TG song to GP4 tuxguitar have to join 2 voices in one.
The second is a similar problem.. even if GP4 supports key signatures, the support is different, because tuxguitar allows you key changes ( so it work by measures ) while it's not supported in GP4..

So the suggested way is that you have to save in the application's file format. And this is a suggestion for every applications instead of tuxguitar. I mean, if you were using guitar pro 5 to save as GP4 you would have same problem as in your first question (not sure about the second)

J.

Alright, thanks, I'll keep that in mind.