Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject Maximum of 9 tracks

Calculate900

I downloaded TuxGuitar at the request of my guitar teacher because I can access guitar music online, but I found it works great as a MIDI mapper as well. Unfortunately, I'm only allowed to make 9 different tracks; once I hit that maximum, all subsequent track instruments become duplicates of the 9th track (if my last track is a synth bass, all other tracks I add after that will be synth bass. All tracks before that will stay as is). How can I change it so that I don't face this error?

Anonymous

TuxGuitar automatically assigns two midi channels for every track. This can be changed by opening the mixer and altering the channels manually. So, if you open the mixer you'll see two values for the first track: "0 free" and "1". Free means that channel 0 is not used by any other track. Change the value ("1") in the second drop down list to the same value as the one in the first drop down list ("0"). This is the way to assign a single channel per track. You can do this for all the other tracks, taking into account the fact that you must assign a free channel for every individual instrument track. You can have a maximum of 16 individual instrument tracks (including one drum track on channel 9).
Good luck!