Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject Tuxguitar Jack can't deal with Jackd2

Björn

When installing Tuxguitar-Jack, Synaptic wants to remove Jackd2 with all programs depending on it like Ardour and instead installs Jackd. Is there a way to get Tuxguitar Jack running with Jackd2 yet?

Anonymous

Yeah, I'm also very interested in this.

niark

I am having the same problem !

niark

I installed it this way :
tuxguitar-jack depends on "libjack-dev" (which makes synaptics wanting to uninstall jackd2).

simply install "libjack-jackd2-dev" which provides a virtual package "libjack-dev" so, there is no more issue when installing tuxguitar-jack.

but now I am still having the original problem : no sound from tuxguitar when using jackd..

Anonymous

With Ubuntu 10.04, I use TuxGuitar with jack without any problem. Jack2 comes from the Tango Studio APT Repository :
http://tangostudio.tuxfamily.org/en/apt-repository : Audio softwares
http://tangostudio.tuxfamily.org/en/ladish : ladish and jack2

But don't install this repository with other PPA.

anirban

As niark suggested,I installed jibjack-jackd2-dev first followed by tuxguitar-jack.Hence Synaptic did not remove any packages.I also installed Qsynth and used the fluidR3_gm.sf2 soundfont with it(good audio).

First do as niark has suggested,and then install Qsynth and download a soundfont (Timgm6mb.sf2 or fluidR3_GM.sf2).Start qjackctl and click start,and then start tuxguitar,enable the tuxguitar jack audio plugin(tools->plugins),and select jack midi port as your midi port(Tools->Settings->sound).After that,start qsynth,click on setup,then select the midi tab and select jack as your midi driver.Select the soundfont tab,then open and browse to your soundfont directory.

Finally click connect in qjackctl,select the midi tab,and connect tuxguitar with qsynth.Select the audio tab and check if qsynth is connected with your system output,if not the connect them.Now play your favourite tab in tuxguitar,and I hope you will find that it is tuxguitar is working with jackd2.(It did for me).