Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject problem with tracks

ozmok

Hi all,
I have a problem with tracks and I cant understand if I'm doing something wrong or if it's a problem of the program...

I was trying to modify a gp4 tab by adding more track mapped to different instruments, but after the 9th track the program seems to "duplicate" the last track instead of adding a new indipendent one, with the effect that the tracks are "linked" in the mixer, sharing the same volume and panning and also if I change instrument in one track it will be changed also in the other track...
Saving to tuxguitar score format didn't solve the problem...

Thanks in advance

Anonymous

I've never used that many tracks in a project before, but I just added a bunch to an existing tab and I duplicated your problem, so it looks like the most independent tracks you can have is 9, and anything beyond that gets 'linked.'

Anonymous

I managed to resolve the problem:
In the upper part of the mixer there are combo boxes to choose the midi channel, and if you choose a channel already in use the tracks get "linked"
But there was another problem: the last track was the percussion one, and you can only chose channel 9 for percussions, so those couldn't be unlinked to change the instrument
What I did was move down to the bottom one random track, add a new track who got linked, then assign that to a free channel to unlink them.
Then I just reordered the tracks since I like having drums on the bottom