Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject TuxGuitar have sound but Ubuntu don't.

Horeb

First all, dont know if there's a topic about that (if exists please let me know).
Got a problem here that, ok i fixed the no sound issue with the tuxguitar because of the midi codecs but when I pick the midi port to use on the software the TuxGuitar plays the guitar tabs but the Ubuntu's audio (like for example from banshee or rithmbox) just dont work.
I have Ubuntu 11.04.

b4dc0d3r

I don't understand. TG plays the tabs, do you mean it looks like it is working but has no sound? Or do you hear sound from one thing but not from another thing?

I don't use Linux most of the time, but if you can give me a bit more info, I can boot to Ubuntu and try to figure out what's happening. Usually, the problem is in the Linux sound settings somewhere. I assume you have plain Ubuntu without customization or other apps installed to handle audio, unless you have changed this?

Horeb

Yes it's that, the TG have sound but the another programs dont.
I installed the Timidity as a midi driver and when i select on the TG Timidity port [128:0], Timidity port [128:1], Timidity port [128:2] or Timidity port [128:3] it activates the sound on the TG but deactivates the sound on other programs.
I dont know if I especified quite well my issue now :D