Tux Guitar

Problems

Subject Tuning with b, i.e. (Eb,Ab,Db,Gb,Bb,eb)

Anonymous

I imagine there's a way to do this and I just don't know how since I just started using this software, but I'm trying to play songs that have E(flat) standard tuning. For example I have a CD filled with Slayer songs and I know most of their songs are in this tuning. The ones that I looked at that should be in E(flat) are tuned to D# standard, and it doesn't sound entirely right. If anyone could help me out with this I would be most grateful.

Ignatz

Hi Anonymous,

You need to go to track properties (path /Track/Properties). From there you can set the starting note of each string. And, if you really want that authentic Kerry King guitar sound, you can also add a seventh string as well! :)

Kind regards,

Ignatz

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice Ignatz, but I already figured that out before I posted my query. I tried to see if I could change the tuning to Eb, but as I was scrolling through the choices it skips from D# to E, and then straight to F, but there's no Eb or E# for that matter. Do I possibly have to set the offset a few notches just so the tuning will sound like Eb standard? It frustrates me that all possible tunes are not available. What's going to be a bigger pain is getting the tuning to sound out 1/4 step down from E standard for Megadeth's first two albums.

Ignatz

Hi Anonymous,

Eb is the same as D#, Ab is the same as G#, Db is the same as C#, Gb is the same as F#, and Bb is the same as A#. And "Eb standard tuning" would therefore be the same as "D# standard tuning".

Although, it is confusing to have to translate Eb to D#, etc. you will be able to get exactly the tuning that you are after.

Unlike the Chord Editor, Track Properties doesn't allow you to toggle the notes from sharp (#) to flat (b), but once you've set the strings as D#,G#,C#,F#,A#,d# you will be able to enter the flat chords you want (without having to translate into sharp chords), and if you set the correct Key then music notation and tab will be as you want it.

You can achieve the same thing by leaving the strings in "E standard tuning" and putting in an offset of -!.

All the above is about taking the strings down half a step. Your ambition to take the strings down a quarter of a step, I believe, can't be achieved on TuxGuitar at present.

Kind regards,

Ignatz

Anonymous

Thanks for the elaboration Ignatz. As I mentioned in my OP I just got the software about 2 days ago. I guess for 1/4 step down songs I'll just have to keep it at standard. Thanks again for all the information!

new era jordan hats

The NHL hockey hats is a fashion statement in itself and adds an extra zing to your personality.The famous tattoo inspired tiger prints with decorative studding on the la new era hats add a stunning look.While some of the belts feature tattoo inspired skull screens with contrasting hats online embroidery and rhinestone detailing, others are studded with crystals to give a cool feminine touch.It goes without saying that the perfect NFL football hats needs the perfect jewellery to complement it and there is nothing to beat the classic handmade that are available in this brand.

cheap mac makeup

Few would argue that wholesale MAC Cosmetics cheap mac makeup has grow to be the most common makeup brand within the world today. Given that their launch in Canada in 1985, they’ve grown in leaps and bounds to become the iconic fashion label they’re currently.Wholesale MAC Cosmetics has a wide range of items. wholesale mac makeup Some of their flagship goods contain MAC Blush (including their MAC Barbie Blush range), MAC Lipstick, their legendary MAC Brushes, MAC eye liners and eye palettes, and for the hardcore fashionistas and makeup artists, the raw MAC pigments are mac makeup wholesale perennially well-liked.The range of MAC might be overwhelming for a person new to the brand, especially via their limited edition collections. They’re consistently releasing new goods lines and new colours. The downside of this is they are also mac makeup brushes continually discontinuing items. With each of them potentially having dozens of merchandise, you’ll be able to imagine the variety in the MAC line!MAC Cosmetics are also recognized for their social cheap mac eyeshadow conscience. They have many programs to assist the community. In particular, MAC is involved in AIDS investigation. Furthermore to this, they are recognized to manufacture their merchandise making use of cruelty-free mac brushes methods.