- Jack Sequencer

MIDI Port:
- Midi Through Port-0 [14:0]
- Jack MIDI Port
- TiMidity Port 0 [128:0]
- TiMidity Port 1 [128:1]
- TiMidity Port 2 [128:2]
- TiMidity Port 3 [128:3]

I tried every combination, tried playing .gp3 and .gpt files, still no sound from it.

Starting from terminal, I get this:
ale@beast ~ $ tuxguitar
/dev/sequencer: File o directory non esistente

(non esistente = not existing)

King84

Oh and by the way I have the exact same problem on a 32bit machine.

King84

Hello?
Isn't this the official Tux Guitar forum?

King84

6 days have passed and still no answer... wtf?
Am I the only one here in this forum?
I've had already other problems and issues with other open source programmes, such as Ardour and I used their IRC channel for free.
Can't we do the same, here?

Anonymous

Try installing qsynth and run it with a GM soundfont.
This is a free one:
http://www.alsa-project.org/~james/sound-fonts/8MBGMSFX.SF2

If you have pulseaudio as sound system make sure qsynth have it configured as "Audio Driver".

Once qsynth is running tuxguitar will display it as a MIDI Port.

King84

Hello, I already have qsynth installed.
I need to know this steps:
1) How to run qsynth with a GM soundfont
2) How to make sure qsynth has it configured as "Audio Driver"

Thanks a lot

Anonymous

First download the GM soundfont
http://www.alsa-project.org/~james/sound-fonts/8MBGMSFX.SF2

Then run QSynth and click at "Setup" button.

In the MIDI tab make sure "Enable MIDI Input" is checked and select "alsa_seq" as MIDI Driver

go to the Audio tab and select "pulseaudio" at Audio Driver (if it don't works after apply all changes so try selecting "alsa" instead)

And now go to "Soundfonts" tab, click "Open" button and select the downloaded file 8MBGMSFX.SF2

Press OK button and QSynth will ask you about restart the engine, press "Yes".

Then without close QSynth, go to TuxGuitar sound settings and take a look to MIDI Port. you should be able to select a new port. i think it's name is "Synth input port(...)"

King84

Okay it worked BUT I don't want to use qsynth all the time!
I mean, isn't it possible to use tuxguitar's midi sequencer by itself?!?
Why does it work under a windows environment?

King84

Guys?
It's three weeks I'm waiting here... What the hell is going on?
Isn't there a way to make TuxGuitar's sound work in Linux Mint 11?
I mean it's impossible there isn't.
Can somebody help me?!?

JRLanglois

I agree with you King84! This is damned odd stuff...

King84

HELLO?"?
GOD DAMN IT IS THERE ANYONE ON THIS FUCKING FORUM?
WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU TAKING THIS ALL ONLINE IF THERE'S NOBODY THAT CAN ANSWER MY GODDAMN QUESTION?

wonzle

yeah, same here!

Matiaxpop

To learn a song? Yes. The way to learn a song is to watch (in pause) one bar and learn the notes from the right hand, then the left hand, and last the two tethgoer. After that, learn the next bar. And so on Is no different from sheet music in that way.

myvllg

wPDawC ilehopvmbrmu

Anon

Woah calm down dude! This seems like a common problem with ubuntu which is very similar to mint. A quick google revealed:
http://www.tuxguitar.com.ar/forum/5/738/no-sound-ubuntu-8-04/
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1156714

They may help...

Anon

Im using Ubuntu and had the same issue. I installed tuxguitar-jsa from the repos and then changed the midi port to Gervill in the sound options. All now works!

Meowmanersman

I need to do something like:Set AliasName for dbo.RealNameso sql query likeselect * from AliasName.dbo.MyTablewill workI think many people need to do itThank youMassimo Bizzarro

buy tramadol without priscription free auto insurance quotes

Payal

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! I play piano but i don't know the note name do u know where can i find free piano sfarwote where i put in the sheet music and it gives me the note names? PLEASE CAN U HELP???

jaxtucwubl

fk0hon , [url=http://asmlvknxudrj.com/]asmlvknxudrj[/url], [link=http://ztdrutikqlpz.com/]ztdrutikqlpz[/link], http://avzfeuuhmfyb.com/

zxrgzv

OebXxC yepnqnhnqdtz

Karson

Liz is not just ANY page turner. Liz is the Heifetz, the Pavarotti, the veritable Yo-Yo Ma of page turners. She is the kind of page turned who, if I was completely fumbling a difficult passage, would suddenly have an uncontrollable puking fit so as to draw attention away from my screwup. She also knows exactly how many pieces of sushi you might need at intermission. At least that's my experience; your mileage may vary One last bit of clothing advice for page turners: No dangly loose jackets. I once played a whole violin recital with silk caressing my left cheek at every turn. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it, but it was kind of distracting.

car insurance rates car insurance quotes

Carlye

Liz is not just ANY page turner. Liz is the Heifetz, the Pavarotti, the veritable Yo-Yo Ma of page turners. She is the kind of page turned who, if I was completely fumbling a difficult passage, would suddenly have an uncontrollable puking fit so as to draw attention away from my screwup. She also knows exactly how many pieces of sushi you might need at intermission. At least that's my experience; your mileage may vary One last bit of clothing advice for page turners: No dangly loose jackets. I once played a whole violin recital with silk caressing my left cheek at every turn. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it, but it was kind of distracting.

auto insurance online insurance auto

Eldora

Aww, love this. That sweater is fabulous (and so are you!). I have a sweater that's quite faded and several sizes too big, but it's gone through three generations of women in my family and although my mom keeps egging me to get rid of it I don't think I'll ever be able to.

ultram car insurance rates

King84

Know what?
Fuck you all.
I'm switching back to Windows & crackware

Laneta

Starting June 4th and every Saturday Tower Group 8pm meeting will be a step study/step doing.For those interested in going through the steps while we study the steps I'll be more than glad to assist you.Bring a 1 or 3 subject spiral notebook,pen,highlighter and your Big Book.This is going to be fun as well as a new experience.Yes We have entered the world of the Spirit.Our next function is to grow in understanding and effectiveness.

beitrag buy hinzufgen name text tramadol cheap health insurance

Nyanna

Kevin was very special to Elaine and me from the first sesshin we attended 6 or 7 years ago to the most recent a few weeks ago, when he came in during an evening sitting walking slowly with his cane and friends in support. I'll miss his humor and his dedication.

cheap auto insurance online cheap health insurance

qingfeng

Furthermore, the particular shoes or boots are usually resilient, that doesn't show up anti-wrinkle when you workout, Nike Football Cleats as opposed to many shoes. One more characteristic will be which it can easily stop chaffing, in order to make an individual work more quickly, Cheap Football Cleats it's got excellent overall flexibility, it is possible to use it irrespective of once you enjoy game titles or perhaps there is a opposition.